Spring track rental set for Apr 5th at MIR

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I was on my way to the track also! It really does suck guys. I had already deleted all my shit and put my DR's on too so thats only an hour and a half worth of bs.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea i was driving in rain until I got to 495 this am, then the roads were dry. The Radar did not look pretty at all though and Jason said it was sprinkling at the track. We went through this last time and it would be very expensive to run the drier even if the weather blew through down there.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I atleast got to play around with a stage 2 GTI on the way to work. Turns out, he works like 3 minutes from where I work so we got to chat at a stop light.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Is that a serious question? Naw we didn't straight up race, just exchanged exhaust notes, BOV noises, and spool sounds.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am sorry it had to be cancelled at the last minute; track wise we probably could have run but I don't think we would have had the min number of cars needed to have the rental....I drove up last night and the weather was beautiful, was out until around 9:00 last night and there was no hint of rain, woke up this morning and saw the the rain...sigh...again, sorry about this.

Brumby

forum member
Reaction score
Drove 3 hrs and they cancelled it nice...

I feel your pain....

We drove all the way down to Rockingham a couple of years ago and the same exact thing happened.....

I was so efin mad....

The only track that I know of that stays open when weather was like it was today is Thompson.

Three years of the five years of us going there with the MustangCollective aka Buckeye Brawl, they kept the track going..

Rain, stop race....wait....dry track....rain...wait...dry track...

I'm not exaggerating....

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
No worries Greg,
thanks for all the effort you put into getting this lined up.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes Greg, even though I couldn't make it, thanks again for all the time and effort you have put into this. For those of you that don't already know Greg's wife had a little girl, Megan Grace, today. He was at the rental even though his wife was due any minute. Now that's dedication to you guys, no one is more unhappy it had to be cancelled then Greg.

Earl

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
Oh hell congratulations Greg, seriously man that's awesome.
Wow I hope your key still worked when you got home.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Earl; Mom and Megan are doing great, she was born at 1:48, 7 lbs 11 oz and 19.5 inches long.

We will get this thing going in the fall, looking at Sept 20 so if weather is bad we still have early Oct to get it in.

Back