SSP's 900+RWHP Turbo Streetcar

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Thanks Guys

My converter showed up today to motor will be in the car by Thursday at the latest now

Painted my coil covers today too
a1129551b8cb1fb2e943d235da5e4f2a.jpg

3a24d65879c532d6f7421f8d842c8dc3.jpg

882016793fd95bfa2e5bf8ad686f4f1f.jpg

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Those coil covers look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After you finish your motor and you're bored I'll pay you to do mine Red!! Lol!!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'm getting pumped just seeing this thread. I can't imagine how excited you are to get this done.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Awesome build that you have, Houston should be rolling in some pretty fast 5.0s in 2015

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Awesome build that you have, Houston should be rolling in some pretty fast 5.0s in 2015

Yeah "Houston Stock" Coyotes
Lol

They need a "Houston Stock" streetcar class @ HMP next year
Lol

My buddy Bobby(aka Black Mamba) already runs low 6's-high 5's in his Coyote powered Stock crate motor Mark VIII on 13lbs can wait to build a real motor for him to turn it up this year. He re-gapped the rings to my suggestion and it went faster on less boost
9.90's on 10lbs in a Mark VIII

We need to rename "Streetcar Takeover" to "Coyote Takeover" this year!

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't realize you were near Houston. I'll be moving there early next year, my girl already made the move. I'll have to make it out to the track one day you're out.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Yeah "Houston Stock" Coyotes
Lol
They need a "Houston Stock" streetcar class @ HMP next year
Lol
My buddy Bobby(aka Black Mamba) already runs low 6's-high 5's in his Coyote powered Stock crate motor Mark VIII on 13lbs can wait to build a real motor for him to turn it up this year. He re-gapped the rings to my suggestion and it went faster on less boost
9.90's on 10lbs in a Mark VIII
We need to rename "Streetcar Takeover" to "Coyote Takeover" this year!
Yeah I am a friend of Bobby as well. Pretty sure every wheel combo he has had on the Mark has come from me haha.

I don't know what my car will be doing in the half track on my baby blower but I am hoping for 9.25s at RPR. Not a ton of events are coming this way other than Tx2k and I'll probably do a Houston mile event.

You are using Lund to tune your car correct? You street tuning or going to get on a dyno first?

Last edited:

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
You are using Lund to tune your car correct? You street tuning or going to get on a dyno first?

Lund won't tune turbo cars except for Fluid Turbo cars.

I was using Mike Rousch last.

I am going to be tuning it myself now with help from a good buddy of mine that is a SCT dealer and has been through all the advanced Greg Banish training classes.
He tuned all my other stuff before but hadn't done coyotes so I had lund then Mike Rousch tune it. He took the updated classes for 2011-up since then so we are gonna give it a go. Also I have Bobby's experience with his to help get us a good baseline tune wrote.

Probably gonna put it on Dave's Dyno over by Bobby turn fine tune it on track.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
305ce5948797c9e698c08fe87785d1a1.jpg

7caaf276a1fc96dbc02431e2f73f6be3.jpg

Going to built some fiberglass panels for that area of the bumper on both sides that are removable to swap between a sealed one(street) and a fresh air one(track)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back