steering wheel buttons

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I've searched, and almost all the posts about this topic are '11+ wheels into previous gen cars.

I have a 2012, bought a 13/14 wheel and was wondering if the buttons on the 13/14 wheel would work with my car. The only real differences are the cruise side.

Mine is
[+ SET][RESUME]
[- SET][OFF ON]

13/14 is
[CNCL ON/OFF][INFO RESET]
[ - SET +][SETUP]

13/14 wheel didn't have sync, but I don't use it anyways. Just wondering if the cruise buttons would work as my current setup doesn't have a Cancel feature.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
It depends on the actual switch resistances. And good luck finding the specs on that!

In my case, the 2007 switches work with the 2013 pcm, but only with the Control pack strategy. I dont have working cruise with the OEM strategy, and get a "cruise control switch high" fault code. So the switch resistance is coded into the tune, in an area that is not accessible with the SCT tuning software. But after extensive testing and comparo, I like the Control pack strategy better anyway. lol

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I did find the 13/14 buttons are different resistance than the 11/12 buttons. I'd have to get a 13/14 harness and even then it might not work. I'll just stick with the original buttons in the new wheel.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back