Strange Axles opinions please

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone has good feedback on the strange Axles? Need to upgrade my stockers and this are $150 cheaper than the moser.

Do I need to use C Clip eliminators or should I be fine without them?

Any vendors here that carry em with a good price? Shoot me a PM please!

Thanks

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I should be getting my 35 spline axles on Monday but won't be installing them along with the spool and c-clip eliminators until after I make some passes at the track how my car currently is. As far as the c-clip eliminators, what is your main use of the car? If you run it at the drag strip often then it would be smart to do the c-clip elims but the real question is why are you upgrading them? If you are going to stay 31 spline I don't really see a reason to go aftermarket but if you are going to go to 33 or 35 spline then remember you will need a new differential as well.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Get the Moser's; they fit better.
The Strange are not the correct length: one side is too short, the other too long (this is from 2 recent sets ordered from AM). Although, if you plan on using c-clip eliminators, they'll work fine.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Unless you plan on slipping the clutch and shifting soft your going to need a lot more than axles to run at the track without something breaking. Axle wise I would recommend Mosers and most definately a diff and stud upgrade.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
IMO, if you need the axles then you need the c clip eliminators. If you stand a chance of breaking an axle then you stand the chance of that broken axle coming out and your car turning strait into the wall.

I have Moser and strange c clip eliminators so I cant comment on the Strange axles.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, so how about this kit that JPC sells ?

http://www.jpcracing.com/stange-2005-2014-31-spline-axles-w-c-clip-elminators/

I dont feel like spending big cash in a complete new differential (9") since I dont even have local track, but the gear started to whine badly so I'll have to replace it and want to do the upgrade at the same time, I already have a detroit locker too.

I've seen several posts here saying strange axles are better than mosers, but almost everyone that do axle upgrade goes with mosers, so I'm undecided now.

Last edited:

mustangtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased and installed the strange 31 spline 5 lug axles and c clip eliminators in a kit just like that for my foxbody and the fit was perfect.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I just received my kit from JPC today....35 spline axles, spool and c-clip eliminators. Talk about a beefy setup!

I will be installing it after I make some test passes at the track with my new engine and everything else the same because I'm sure my car will pick up ET with how light the spool is compared to the detroit locker I have in my rear now.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Most will agree that a True Trac is a great upgrade that handles a lot of power. I went with the 33 spline True Trac. The 33 spline True Trac is a bit more money but the Moser 31 and 33 spline axles are the same price. The Moser 33 spline axles came with the Abs rings already installed on the axles. I also ordered 9" weld on ends over the Strange c-clip eliminators. Do it once, do it right, and be done with it!

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
I run strange pro race 35 spine axles and lightweight spool with 9" housing ends. They are high quality parts that I've had good luck with in other cars.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
What would be the part # for the 9" ends in a 8.8 ? And will I be able to use the rear brakes?

Thanks!

Last edited:

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
What would be the part # for the 9" ends in a 8.8 ? And will I be able to use the rear brakes?

Thanks!

Just give Moser a call on the 9" ends for the 8.8. I recall they are about $100 for the pair. Yes you retain the stock brakes, calipers, etc.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score

Thanks!
I don't remember, but with the strange setup they come with caliper mounts and everything to retain stock brakes if you order them that way. You would have to call strange for the part number. They offer a kit with axles and everything for around $750. 9" ends need to be welded on in a jig just in case you weren't aware.

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
and what are the odds of breaking the aftermarket axles if I dont see any track use? lol

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
and what are the odds of breaking the aftermarket axles if I dont see any track use? lol

There are just too many variables to answer that question. Power level, type of power adder, tire type, etc to name a few. Some will say they are fine, others have broken parts. Your sig shows a big whipple so you are making some torque at low rpm. Not knowing the actual hp/tq I am assuming its some serious power. You need to address the rear end in my opinion. Pay now or later. Usually cost more waiting until later.

Last edited:

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
35 spline pro race axles I run take a lot to break. I doubt you would break one if you do only street driving.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back