Stripe kit details inside, HELP!

ModifyMyStang.com

Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so my car has the ford racing stripe kit on it. The previous owner messed them up somehow.... How can I fix them? they look faded on trunk etc. also how much does it cost roughly to put stripes on car?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you remove them and replace them yourself you can probably get another vinal kit off of ebay for less than a hundred bucks. It's not that hard to do. Just takes patients and a fair amount of beer.

Chronos

forum member
Reaction score
If you remove them and replace them yourself you can probably get another vinal kit off of ebay for less than a hundred bucks. It's not that hard to do. Just takes patients and a fair amount of beer.
Don't forget the hair dryer to heat them up so they come off easier, and then more beer. :beerchug2:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the hair dryer to heat them up so they come off easier, and then more beer. :beerchug2:

Good point. Or just park it out in the hot sun for a few hours. But then you add more beer to the equation because you are out in the sun!

I did mine with a heat gun. Probably took maybe 2 hours to remove them. And mine ran from the front spoiler to under the rear license plate.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i'd think with the beer they might get crookeded.....

Chronos

forum member
Reaction score
Good point. Or just park it out in the hot sun for a few hours. But then you add more beer to the equation because you are out in the sun!

I did mine with a heat gun. Probably took maybe 2 hours to remove them. And mine ran from the front spoiler to under the rear license plate.
By the time your done downing the beer, you'll see two sets of stripes. :clap:

Hey Hawgman, after you took off your stripes, did you have to do any polishing or buffing to get rid of the shadow left on the paint, or were they not on long enough to burn into the paint?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They were on there a couple of years. But it didn't fuck up the paint. Car is parked in the garage when at home, parked in a parking garage when at work. So it really doesn't get a lot of sun abuse. I did give it a hefty hand waxing afterward because there were some very slight lines from wax build up

Chronos

forum member
Reaction score
They were on there a couple of years. But it didn't fuck up the paint. Car is parked in the garage when at home, parked in a parking garage when at work. So it really doesn't get a lot of sun abuse. I did give it a hefty hand waxing afterward because there were some very slight lines from wax build up
That's good. Wax lines are not a big deal, even if they were bad, a good clay should take them out. The problem is when they have been on for many years you can still see the stripes after they are removed. That is annoying to me. I have a 97 Dodge Ram (the last of the real Dodge's) with the original paint & decals, and the DODGE decal on the back is fading. It's been in the garage too, but they eventually fade. Fortunately that was the only decal this truck had. I will probably have to clay and buff and hope for the best.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back