Strong Clutch Smell. Gradually Lost All Gears

CandyYote

Reaction score
…long story short, my car sat for 3 days. I crunk it up, let it idle for about 30 mins. Drove around for about 10 mins and started driving it really hard. Didn’t last long after that lol. Hit 3rd on a high rpm pull, the gear was there but I could tell the car wasn’t pulling like it should and it eventually quit pulling and it was only reving in gear; as it did in every gear from that point on. I’m about 75% sure it’s the clutch but the other 25% is making me think there’s a possibility that the old mt82 finally has quit. What do you guys think? I haven’t had a chance to tear it apart yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
clutch smell, "free reving" rpm in gear... no need to 75% sure... it should be 100% sure.

akylekoz

Reaction score
I think the part where you noticed it wasn't pulling would have been a good time to lift. A slightly slipped and now weak clutch will get you by for a while. Your clutch is now toast, it doesn't take long to kill one even a fresh one if left to slip.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Balls to the wall! Only way to go! YKYMF!!!

Not much to fix really...new pressure plate, new clutch, throw out bearing. Maybe what, $500 - $800 and 4 - 8 hrs work she'll be good as new. :driver:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back