Supercharged Cars - AFRs at Idle?

Goinpro

forum member
Reaction score
What is normal for an AFR range at idle? My AFRs read mid-14's to mid-15's. Is that what I should expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goinpro

forum member
Reaction score
And it's normal for it to bounce around in that range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yup, depending on how accurate your tune is and other factors. Mine also tops out at 17+ when coasting with my foot off the gas.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Yup totally normal. Also depends on which wideband you have. That will change accuracy. On decel depending on your tune, the injectors will cut off and read lean. WOT should be < 11.7 if on pump gas.

michael.konor

forum member
Reaction score
Though I'm turbo, my AutoMeter Wideband does the same as other people wrote. It goes to max lean (17+) when I let off the gas, 14.7-15.2 at idle and cruising, and 11.8 at WOT.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Long answer.

Depends on the fuel you are running and tuned for. Also alot better and easier to read lamda. 1 at idle with any fuel reading lamda. Different fuels will show different afr at idle. Gasoline 14.7. And you have you know stoich for other fuels and make sure your afr gauge is setup for that fuel.....

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Long answer.

Depends on the fuel you are running and tuned for. Also alot better and easier to read lamda. 1 at idle with any fuel reading lamda. Different fuels will show different afr at idle. Gasoline 14.7. And you have you know stoich for other fuels and make sure your afr gauge is setup for that fuel.....

No, every gauge is designed to read gasoline AFR by default. So it will show the same with every fuel you use. The internally work in lambda but show AFR(gas).

Suggestion, for people used to read AFR(gas) but using other fuel, do not switch, it will mess your brain.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
AEM wideband here and reads bouncing around 14.5-15.3 at idle. The longer it sits idling the less it bounces around and usually sits 14.6-14.8.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back