Suspension recommendations

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
+1, if he ran a Spec Focus, he has a comp license, so I think the DTC package is more appropriate... Also, I wasn't aware that Redline made brake fluid. What is the dry boiling point? Nothing listed on their website at all!

TfnG

forum member
Reaction score
ive got the SF lap record at the track i will be running at mostly... i give thanks to a great car on that one!! so i do have some good experience at my home track. id like to venture out a time or 2 to other tracks too.

Last edited:

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
I disagree on the yellows. If you have any speed at all you'll melt them in no time. I'd go more aggressive. Carbotech Xp-10s, Hawk DTC-60s or Blues (the Blues dust is hard on the wheels and paint though), that sort of level.

Dave

1. Brake pads - EBC Yellow to start
2. SS braided lines,
3. Redline brake fluid.
4. Brake ducts (Agent 47, others)
5. Tires, I thought the KDW's weren't bad to start.
6. Shocks, sway bars - Lots of options here . Like everyone says, talk to Strano.

Run 91 or 93 octane even if you have stock tune.

Last edited:

Sleeper_08

forum member
Reaction score
I agree on the EBC Yellows - mine lasted four days last year.

Going to Carbotech XP10 front and XP8 rear this year

Last edited:

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
how deep are your pockets or how much do you want to spend? what people will suggest to you will change decently. i can vouch for the quality or umi's parts and stranos knowledge and sway bars

Gene K

forum member
Reaction score
Whiteline also makes adjustable rear bars. Not a recommendation just an FYI.

TfnG

forum member
Reaction score
well guys...may not need anything for my car. got hit tonight and looks to be totalled. we will see.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Oh, THAT sucks.... From the sound of it, though, you're in one piece, which is the most important thing...

Gene K

forum member
Reaction score
well guys...may not need anything for my car. got hit tonight and looks to be totalled. we will see.

Hate to hear that. Hope everyone is okay?

2011 Mustang GT 300A with 3.73 and 55D Brembo Brake Pakage Time?

UMI Sales

Official Vendor
Reaction score
how deep are your pockets or how much do you want to spend? what people will suggest to you will change decently. i can vouch for the quality or umi's parts and stranos knowledge and sway bars

Thanks for the props! And when it comes to Sam he is full of useful info. And he is one of our vendors as well.
Thanks
Brad :D

TfnG

forum member
Reaction score
Hate to hear that. Hope everyone is okay?

2011 Mustang GT 300A with 3.73 and 55D Brembo Brake Pakage Time?

Haha, the only problem is the price...I'd rather buy a new STi if I'm spending that much. Also been thinking of gettin back to a real race car. Who knows.

Yes, me and my girlfriend are ok from the accident. Thanks.

Flash_of_Yellow

forum member
Reaction score
Haha, the only problem is the price...I'd rather buy a new STi if I'm spending that much. Also been thinking of gettin back to a real race car. Who knows.

Yes, me and my girlfriend are ok from the accident. Thanks.

Ahh... my eyes. STi? A real race car? Real race cars have 8 cylinders, loud exhaust, and a badass attitude... :asshat:

Kidding, to each their own I guess but that 2011 is gonna be mean. At least test drive it. Don't give into the girlfriend... we all know she wants that back seat for the baby! You buy the STi and you're getting a ring and a carseat... just saying, you've been warned... LOL

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I personally think the 2011 with the track pack and upgraded brakes will smoke the turbo sedans (those fugly chinese take-out boxes) at the track.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
lol... An STI is not a "real race car", its far from it actually.

Subarus have proved to be very unreliable at the track....

TLeroux

Reaction score
Ok great. I was thinking 255/40/17 hankook ventus rs3 tires, hawk dtc 70 front pads, dtc 60 rear, SS brake lines, motul fluid and the Quantum brake ducts.

Look like a good list?
I ran Hankook Ventus rs2 tires and DTC 60 fronts, HT 10 rear and they were plenty for the tires. Could easily get ABS to kick on and no problem with fading. (Also with SS brake lines, upgraded fluid and brake ducts.)

TfnG

forum member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa wait. I meant an sti again...or maybe get back to a real race car like spec focus, spec miata, etc. Wasn't referring to the STi as a race car.

But none of that matters. I will be keepin my mustang b/c it didn't get totalled. $13000 in repairs and I'll have it back before long. Not real happy with getting it back...but gotta work with what I've got.

Flash_of_Yellow

forum member
Reaction score
Whoa whoa wait. I meant an sti again...or maybe get back to a real race car like spec focus, spec miata, etc. Wasn't referring to the STi as a race car.

But none of that matters. I will be keepin my mustang b/c it didn't get totalled. $13000 in repairs and I'll have it back before long. Not real happy with getting it back...but gotta work with what I've got.

How bad was the damage? Photos? Structural integrity going to be an issue now?

TfnG

forum member
Reaction score
Well I've had the car back for several weeks now and it's great. So back on track...ordered lca's, 18x9 fr500 wheels and 275/40 nitto nt05's, goodridge lines, Hawk pads, Motul fluid. Just need to get brake ducts coming and I'll be ready to roll!!!

I'm gonna stick to stock suspension for now and upgrade later this year. Plan on hitting Gateway's track days and would like to make a trip to Putnam Park sometime too.

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Well I've had the car back for several weeks now and it's great. So back on track...ordered lca's, 18x9 fr500 wheels and 275/40 nitto nt05's, goodridge lines, Hawk pads, Motul fluid. Just need to get brake ducts coming and I'll be ready to roll!!!

I'm gonna stick to stock suspension for now and upgrade later this year. Plan on hitting Gateway's track days and would like to make a trip to Putnam Park sometime too.

NASA has an event coming up quick at Putnam... Maybe see you there? (TTB #281)

Back