Suspension sag

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question. My driver rear side I can't even get 2 fingers in the wheel gap. I would say roughly 1.5. Now the passenger side is a solid 3 fingers for the wheel gap.

Can blown shocks cause it to sag like that or will that mostly be the springs? If springs then how will one wear and sag like that and not the other? Suspension is SR springs 1.5" drop (yes I know they are the cheap springs but they work great for me and no issues), factory shocks and struts still (hopefully getting me koni soon just $$$), BMR LCA's and the relocation brackets, with BMR panhard bar. 131k miles on the car and springs have been on since 50k miles.

Thanks guys. Also I know the dampers need replacing and are bad but just want to know if being really bad in one shock can cause this to sag more on the one side.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Have you checked the rebound? Why Are you going to go the Koni route? I only paid a bit more for my strange shocks and struts and they are adjustable. I could’ve just given you my old springs and you would’ve been better off. Probably would’ve been better off with my old shocks and struts too lol

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Have you checked the rebound? Why Are you going to go the Koni route? I only paid a bit more for my strange shocks and struts and they are adjustable. I could’ve just given you my old springs and you would’ve been better off. Probably would’ve been better off with my old shocks and struts too lol
A friend gave them to me lol. He went viking shocks and didnt want to koni's so he said her ya go. But I will be getting strange struts and when shocks are ready to swap again I'll be getting strange shocks. I have a set of steeda ultralites for the rear at the house so I'll just throw those in when I get a chance to do the shocks. But yeah these boys are blown. The rear is just all over the place. Not very controlled.

Will get me the BMR SP009 springs when I can buy the struts and CC plates and put in as one unit. But the rear end over haul is first on my list since I just saw I now have a very small pinion leak now. Probably just going to save a few and keep the 3.55's and just do all bearings, seals, and the carbon clutch pack. Gears down the road.

You'll have to take me for a ride with the new suspension. What do you daily the strange on, full soft or middle and how is it on the roads?

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
A friend gave them to me lol. He went viking shocks and didnt want to koni's so he said her ya go. But I will be getting strange struts and when shocks are ready to swap again I'll be getting strange shocks. I have a set of steeda ultralites for the rear at the house so I'll just throw those in when I get a chance to do the shocks. But yeah these boys are blown. The rear is just all over the place. Not very controlled.

Will get me the BMR SP009 springs when I can buy the struts and CC plates and put in as one unit. But the rear end over haul is first on my list since I just saw I now have a very small pinion leak now. Probably just going to save a few and keep the 3.55's and just do all bearings, seals, and the carbon clutch pack. Gears down the road.

You'll have to take me for a ride with the new suspension. What do you daily the strange on, full soft or middle and how is it on the roads?
I have mine set on 4 all around and seems fine to me. I’m having an issue with the rear bump stops hitting so I’m still working on figuring that out. Live already put in new bump stops and upgraded to the 13/14 GT500 bump stops as well as cut off the tops and I’m still hitting.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
I have mine set on 4 all around and seems fine to me. I’m having an issue with the rear bump stops hitting so I’m still working on figuring that out. Live already put in new bump stops and upgraded to the 13/14 GT500 bump stops as well as cut off the tops and I’m still hitting.
Seriously? Thats odd. See how centered they are in the space on the frame. If not in the middle you'll need to do a taper cut on front and back.

Do you have the FRPP K springs? Whats the difference between GT stops and GT500 stops?

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously? Thats odd. See how centered they are in the space on the frame. If not in the middle you'll need to do a taper cut on front and back.

Do you have the FRPP K springs? Whats the difference between GT stops and GT500 stops?
The GT500 stops are a different, mich softer material. Kelly from BMR commented on my post on FB and he said I need to cut the top two notches off. Pretty common with the springs I guess.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 stops are a different, mich softer material. Kelly from BMR commented on my post on FB and he said I need to cut the top two notches off. Pretty common with the springs I guess.
Ahh alright man. I'll talk to him and see what sort of deal we can work out together. For the time being going to just order a set of J&M CC plates, strange fronts and probably SP009 fronts. I'll talk to him and see. But this rear end needs to be rebuilt first lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back