Sync update failed

GTvert90

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues? I have the standard sync with 2 line display. Trying to update my software. The ford site shows the current version I am on and lets me download the update. I follow the instructions and it fails. Says there isn't enough space or the software isn't for my system. I've redownloaded and what not and I can't figure it out. I found a thread on themustangsource.com but I still can't figure it out. Its probably not a huge deal but it has a fix for bluetooth audio that would be nice.

stormtropper

Reaction score
i called a tech from there site and they walked me thru it after I downloaded the update on a formated <<< Key usb drive all went smooth

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues? I have the standard sync with 2 line display. Trying to update my software. The ford site shows the current version I am on and lets me download the update. I follow the instructions and it fails. Says there isn't enough space or the software isn't for my system. I've redownloaded and what not and I can't figure it out. I found a thread on themustangsource.com but I still can't figure it out. Its probably not a huge deal but it has a fix for bluetooth audio that would be nice.

I would suggest taking it to the dealership. Update with the IDS will work much more efficiently.

Mustang259

forum member
Reaction score
I gave up on mine after talking to Ford Tech several times, His advice was DONT update and just live with it? Very Very disappointed in Sync

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2011 with Sync. I updated it, and it's randomly crashed ever since then. So be thankful the update DIDN'T work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

travelers

Reaction score
I've got a 2011 with Sync. I updated it, and it's randomly crashed ever since then. So be thankful the update DIDN'T work.

That's what mine did before the upgrade. Now it doesn't crash at all.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
I gave up on mine after talking to Ford Tech several times, His advice was DONT update and just live with it? Very Very disappointed in Sync

Makes no sense. Updating through the unit itself randomly works. The APIM needs to communicate with the IDs computer for proper updating. Remember guys it is still Satellite based.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes no sense. Updating through the unit itself randomly works. The APIM needs to communicate with the IDs computer for proper updating. Remember guys it is still Satellite based.

...What? Satellite-based? What are you talking about?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Again: what?

A GPS or Sirius satellite is not going to cause issues with Sync. Sync receives no updates from either, merely a media stream from Sirius and time of day signal from GPS.

Last edited:

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Again: what?

A GPS or Sirius satellite is not going to cause issues with Sync. Sync receives no updates from either, merely a media stream from Sirius and time of day signal from GPS.

You are correct. However the whole sync system, radio and such work through the APIM. It is not uncommon that if the APIM struggles with any part of its system the others can suffer as well. I work for Ford and see it all the time. Most of the time it is a simple system reprogram.

GTvert90

Reaction score
I would suggest taking it to the dealership. Update with the IDS will work much more efficiently.
What's the IDS? I forgot about this thread sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
What's the IDS? I forgot about this thread sorry.

Sorry. The IDS is Fords diagnostic tool. It is a lap top based diagnostic tool that does a lot more than help the Tech's diagnose cars. It is a wireless interface to download programs, etc.

GTvert90

Reaction score
Gotcha. Just sucks the dealer wants to charge to update it

GTvert90

Reaction score
There is an updated file on the website it works fine now

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back