t-body and whipple 2.3l

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
whipple 2.3l 10psi is it worth changing out the stock throttle body for a aftermarket one .
1 what are the hp gains
2 whats the best bang for the buck ( what makes )
don't plan on going pass 10 psi any time soon

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
whipple 2.3l 10psi is it worth changing out the stock throttle body for a aftermarket one .
1 what are the hp gains
2 whats the best bang for the buck ( what makes )
don't plan on going pass 10 psi any time soon

IIRC I gained 10 or 15 average hp and tq, peak gains were only a couple. IIRC this was at 15 psi.

I know there is a thread where I posted everything. It was probably motor combination #93, lol.

Edit: Here is the thread: 7hp 26tq gain peak. Averages were 16/18. http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32194&highlight=frpp+tb&page=2

I don't think it would do much at 10 psi because the restriction isn't alot at that point.

Last edited:

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
I need to upgrade my stock TB. Like Bruce said, I don't think it will make a huge difference with 10 lbs. Maybe better throttle response.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I did it. And yes, the throttle response is great compared to the stocker. My FRPP TB provided gains I feel. I don't have any baseline comparison, but when I was at my last tuner, the tuner commented on my car laying down more torque than the other Whipple HO customers. It wasn't much like Bruce said and proved. However it's a toss up on if the seat of the pant feeling is from the increased torque or better throttle response. I don't regret it. Plus on a little side note, the FRPP unit is polished and looks great. My stocker's throttle solenoid failed and kept getting stuck closed; so rule of thumb...... if you got to replace something upgrade it.

Right now I'm back on the FRPP Whipple tune and happier with it. However you could explore upgrading the exhaust if you haven't already done it. I think I'm ready to bite the bullet and go to an off-road mid-pipe has much as I don't like it for inspection time and noise. I like to see how the gain is on the Whipple tune with the O/R H-pipe. Hope it's safe. Lol.

Last edited:

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Lol. The shitty UPR catted X-pipe already does that. Trying the double non-fouler trick on the H.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
ok after reading and talking to some of you it look like I'm keeping the stock throttle body until I stroke and bore thank's everyone .

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
ok after reading and talking to some of you it look like I'm keeping the stock throttle body until I stroke and bore thank's everyone .

Smart move. Dont waste the 400+ dollars for very minimal gains if any while at 10psi. Once you move up to the higher boost levels, thats when your going to want to upgrade the throttle body.

Back