Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Taxman - in your car I see all my cars, race cars, race jetski, etc. You not only want to do a "good" job, you want to do it better than anyone else. But it's not for showing off to the masses, it's so that every time you look at your car, you nod your head and say "yeah, my car rocks and I did it myself."

Not many of us around nowadays. Most people I encounter just throw parts at their cars and hack their way to a HP goal. Again, nice job, man. You deserve to be proud.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Something I forgot to put in the earlier pictures that I think is a nice touch. About a month ago after I did the steering wheel swap, I took the time to restitch the wheel with yellow thread.
5c286f9b.jpg

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Love the car man. Looks great. Congrats. One question, would really like to swap the 2010+ steering wheel into mine but can't live without my cruise control. Did you manage to find a way to hook the controls up and make them work?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Love the car man. Looks great. Congrats. One question, would really like to swap the 2010+ steering wheel into mine but can't live without my cruise control. Did you manage to find a way to hook the controls up and make them work?

Yes all the controls work, but unfortunately, this was where I had to defer and let a shop do that part. The radio buttons work also. There is a write up on one of the forums about how to wire up the cruise control. Just gonna tell you, the steering wheel is one of my favorite appearance mods and I highly recommend it.

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
Damn taxman i was following you from MM and you got your shit together!! Watch out though just got my vert :).

Car looks beautifully done

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Nice car, now you gotta do the seats

Got some seat covers already made. Gonna pull my seats out while I'm doing my supercharger and drop them at the upholstery shop for the install.

Damn taxman i was following you from MM and you got your shit together!! Watch out though just got my vert :).

Car looks beautifully done

Thanks man. What's your SN over there? Looking forward to seeing your 'vert.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Yep, our cars were a few rows back. Not a bad show, I think 80% of the cars were competing in the same class. LOL

Yeah just about everyone was in the Mustang or the 2005+ class. I was surprised to get a class win. There were some really nice Mustangs there. NTMC held that front row for my car club. They are a pretty good organization, and that was a pretty good little show.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
One last pic of my engine bay before the vortech goes in this week:

2138af66.jpg

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice car! Where in North Texas are you?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back