Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Facebook is splintering the market a million directions. It is horrible for tech and builds, but guys like the ease of phone use I guess.

Glad you are getting her back together.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Facebook is splintering the market a million directions. It is horrible for tech and builds, but guys like the ease of phone use I guess.

Glad you are getting her back together.

They can't use an app? lol

Anyway, maybe it's better with the millennials gone.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not all us Millennials are airheads.

I just read your entire build thread. (Slow day at work!) This is an awesome car, and you've put a lot of work into it. I'm glad you decided to fix the motor and keep the car!

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just when you thought you were out..... We pulled you back in! lol

Glad to see you getting your car back on track. Sometimes a little time away from each other does ya good

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
I use the Tapatalk app. Its alright but its not as good as the forum page.

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Yeah and its good as well. I just like getting the notifications from the app. Thats my only draw to it.

46addict

Reaction score
And by the way, WTF happened to this forum? Shaggy killed it? I've been ghosting and reading a little and it's dead AF here now.
I thought it was from people dropping S197s (hence the part out threads/cars for sale threads) and moving on? I think a lot of people have been in your boat and pieced together a broken car and sold them after returning to stock. That along with total losses/life changes etc.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The market for whippled S550's on rims that have a 9 year loan for $90,000 on them is burgeoning. Who needs a cheap ass old S197? I celebrate this fact as people can no longer tell me I have an expensive car or that I should sell my fancy car.... it's a decade old beater!

LEBANON

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Idk, I think some thorough investigation of the interaction stats are in order. Currently, only 20 members active right now with 125 guests. Thats not the greatest.

New member retention has got to be an issue. I see there are new members everyday but I never see anything from them.

It cannot be people getting tired of the s197. Hell, my car is still technically under warranty! People usually don't mess with them much untill after that. There should be alot more involvement on this board. There is too much good info on here for otherwise.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
The market for whippled S550's on rims that have a 9 year loan for $90,000 on them is burgeoning. Who needs a cheap ass old S197? I celebrate this fact as people can no longer tell me I have an expensive car or that I should sell my fancy car.... it's a decade old beater!

LEBANON

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
"Cheap" paid off car just means I have more money left for modding. I don't want to be car poor with a new car note.
Id rather have one im not scared to work on rather than a new car

46addict

Reaction score
I tend to agree with that. Though I can't leave stuff alone so more than likely I'd work on new cars too if funds allowed. :D

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
I tend to agree with that. Though I can't leave stuff alone so more than likely I'd work on new cars too if funds allowed. :D
I lasted for two years... 100% willpower. But that is over now

J B

Goldmember
Reaction score
Yeah but I was in the process of rebuilding my wrangler at that time. So it was kinda my daily and I didn't want to do anything to put it out of commission. Plus, I like warranties!

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Great to see you getting back into the mustang thing Jaye... hope the 17 hour days aren't killing you too bad.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to see this car getting another shot, even if it's just to sell and let someone else enjoy it.

The forum is still my number one source for knowledge, but the participation issue is two-fold.

1) This forum prides itself on the best knowledge, and people that know how to use the damn search feature. When the members of this forum have spent over a decade dissecting every piece of these cars and squeezing out every last drop of horsepower, there's little new knowledge to be had, and by using the search feature it means that once the info is out there, the conversation is generally over. We don't like beating dead horses over here.

2) The Facebook page. It's the worst of forums in general in one place under the name of the best S197 message board there is bar none. The page really should be renamed The Mustang Source. I think people find that page first and have no idea that there's an actual forum that was the impetus for the Facebook page. I see that all the time: "Who knows about X?" "There's a 30 page thread on the forum." "Where? I can't find the comment thread." "No, on the actual forum. S197forum.com" "Oh! I didn't know there was a website for this Facebook page! Herp derp!"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back