Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
So I'm putting my car up for sale as a project. I'm just sick of fucking with it. Thinking it's worth 12K... What do y'all think about what I should be asking for it? Comes will all mods, parts, extras, etc...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's sad news. Not sure what it would be worth though. You should maybe trade it in for a GT 350! :evil:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Take a good look at what it would cost to drop a used junkyard motor in it. Even as nice as it is, if it's not running then you would get more money parting it out and scrapping the rest rather than selling it as a project.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good point. Buy a stock long block, put your stuff back on and detune it for safety then sell it. Or just drive and enjoy it again.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
The whole point is I don't want to nor have time to put it back together.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
It will take you far longer to sell a non-running heap of parts than it will to sell it after having a shop put a junkyard long block in it and get it drivable.

You'll get a lot more for it, too.

I think 12k is pretty optimistic for a 10yr old car that doesn't run. I'm not saying the parts aren't worth that, just that it's going to take a looooooooooong time to find someone that will pay it.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
It will take you far longer to sell a non-running heap of parts than it will to sell it after having a shop put a junkyard long block in it and get it drivable.

You'll get a lot more for it, too.

I think 12k is pretty optimistic for a 10yr old car that doesn't run. I'm not saying the parts aren't worth that, just that it's going to take a looooooooooong time to find someone that will pay it.

Yeah It'll probably just sit in my shop like it has for the past year. I'm starting to hate this car.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah It'll probably just sit in my shop like it has for the past year. I'm starting to hate this car.

No shop close enough you trust to drop car and repair?

I will say a detailed ad with all the stuff on your car would probably get you close to what you are looking for.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
No shop close enough you trust to drop car and repair?

I will say a detailed ad with all the stuff on your car would probably get you close to what you are looking for.

Yeah I've got a shop that'll do it, but I don't want to spend another dollar on this car. I'm just tired of it, and I think that even when it's back together, I'll be tired of it.

I don't know, maybe I'm just wishing somebody would want it. I'm sure I'm stuck with it until it's at least running.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you'll have a whole new appreciation for it when it's running again

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Y'all were right. Very little interest in my car as a project. Sinner offered me a short block for it, so I'm gonna go ahead a build it back with stock internals, de-tune it, and sell it as a running car later on.

Thanks for the input.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Y'all were right. Very little interest in my car as a project. Sinner offered me a short block for it, so I'm gonna go ahead a build it back with stock internals, de-tune it, and sell it as a running car later on.

Thanks for the input.

Are you going to buy another toy or use the money on your new house and property?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Did a sit down with the shop that tunes my car and we're gonna swap out some work. They gave me a 03 Cobra Crank to inspire me... I said fuck it, let's do it. I'm having my brother take some parts to the powder coater tomorrow, and then this weekend, I'm gonna start getting all the parts together so that somebody else can put it back together. Gonna trailer it up there as soon as I have everything and let them build it. Forged crank, forged internals, keeping the boost up, and adding the spray.

I've been so bi-polar with this car, but I'm gonna get it back on the road again for Summer.

And by the way, WTF happened to this forum? Shaggy killed it? I've been ghosting and reading a little and it's dead AF here now.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About fucking time you get that car running!

It's not just this forum. Nearly all are slowly seeing less and less traffic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back