Taxman's 07 GT Convertible build thread

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I take it a restart didn't work?

It started, but has low oil pressure (meaning none) and a bad sound from the driver's side cam cover area. Friend said that could be the lifters making noise cuz there's no oil. Thinking that maybe the oil pump gears broke... I don't have a clue. Just gonna start trying to figure it out. First things first, hoping there's no metal in the oil.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there's damage to the internals, so I'm going to go ahead and repair it. I'm also going to take the next steps in my build. I've got some Hot Rod cams on the way. I'll be installing a 75 shot of Nitrous, battery relocation, WOT box, power pipe, and switching to a blow thru set up... and of course, billet oil pump gears in a GT500 oil pump.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Doesn't look like there's damage to the internals, so I'm going to go ahead and repair it. I'm also going to take the next steps in my build. I've got some Hot Rod cams on the way. I'll be installing a 75 shot of Nitrous, battery relocation, WOT box, power pipe, and switching to a blow thru set up... and of course, billet oil pump gears in a GT500 oil pump.

Atta boy on the oil pump/gears.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
So I finally made myself get out there and start working on it in earnest. Pulled the supercharger off today.

I'm figuring if I can get a little done every day or two, I'll have this back up and running strong soon.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jaye, you are almost as bad as me, you let it sit for 4 months before starting the tear down. Hope is is nothing serious, good luck!

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Jaye, you are almost as bad as me, you let it sit for 4 months before starting the tear down. Hope is is nothing serious, good luck!

Man I was just busy with my new house. Every free moment I had went to fixing things up around here. I'll get it done soon. I'm on it now.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man I was just busy with my new house. Every free moment I had went to fixing things up around here. I'll get it done soon. I'm on it now.

I hear you, I am retired but between the honey-do-list and arthritis there never seems to be much time to work on the car!

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Yeah, good luck Jaye!
It will definitely be worth it. Gonna be a bad machine!

mustang1200

Badass
Reaction score
If you ever need a hand let me know. I've had mine apart a few times so I'm very fairly familiar. HAHA.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back