TB ticking, DD wont start.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I have a stupid fucking problem. I parked my car at home an hour or so ago and came back outside to leave. Turn on the ignition and the cluster acts funny and the throttle blades are ticking inside the housing. Car refuses to start.

Throttle blades rotate by hand so they are not stuck. Disconnected battery for 30+ seconds and no change. Cannot pull up DTCs because when ignition is turned on, SCT tuner loses power. When TB actuator is disconnected I recieve limp mode and anti-theft lights on dash, but do not hear fuel pump starting.

Last few days, when starting car, it has done a click click click kinda thing like the battery is dead but then fires up and runs fine. Have made no changes to the car in over a week. Checked #2 engine fuse and it is fine.

I have a full Wire tuck and relocated igniton switch. For the life of me I can not figure out what is wrong.

Need some ideas or advise quickly as car is my daily driver. Also before I say fuck it and light it on fire... Please and thank you!

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing that and I ended up having to replace the TB . Electronics are prolly toast .

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No fuel pump still engaged . But would not turn over and if it did the TB. Would stick and hang RPM's like a mofo .

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A bad TB wouldn't explain the clicking or the wonky instrument cluster. Maybe you have a short in your charging system.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Well Mine is ticking and not engaging the fuel pump. Driving me mad....

Yeah I thought that too. Jiggled several of the wiring harnesses to see if I could get the clicking to skip a beat and no changes. Just had the battery unhooked for 20+ minutes and still same problem.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ya looks like you got little more problems .... I'm out of stuff

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i had the same problem, it will start.

first turn the key to the key on, let it tick adn when it stops ticking finally it will fire up. it's either your tps or your motor going out. you'll need new electronics for sure.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I have an extra stock throttle body with electronics, about 16K miles on it (I got another one with the used blower/intake I bought last year). LMK if you need it, I'll work with you.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A battery can have voltage, and not have enough amps to start it. Only way to properly check the battery is to have it load tested.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back