the time has come

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i will probably be making the leap from 3v to coyote this week as my car just pissed it's coolant out after i parked, after i've spent 2k on repair bills in the past 3 months. i've had bad luck with this car and it never seems to end.

so now i have a bunch of questions, i have a sinus infection and my head feels ready to pop so i apologize in advance if this is easily searched items.

1.) do the 11+ cars have the fucking water leak?

2.) is there a difference between the 11/12 and 13/14 interior quality wise?

3.) do the stick transmissions(mt82) still have tons of problems, this wont have serious tire on it just a street tire warrior.

4.) you would get a 11/12 premium fully loaded or a 13/14 cloth but with brembo package?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Get a 13/14 Premium GT 6R80 (automatic). MT82's still suck (even in the 2015's). Get a manual only if you're willing to make the Tremec swap. The base model interior will make you wish you had stepped up for the premium (my '11 GT was base, my '14 GT is a premium). No water leak issues that I've encountered in my '11 or '14.

Sorry to hear about your '06 GT. Sometimes I miss my '07 GT, but mostly I just love my '14 5.0L so much that my '07 is just a distant memory (despite my '07 being supercharged).

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
13-14 interiors got an upgrade over the 11-12, especially base-trim cars.

Mine is a most basic '13 with only the Recaros and the Track Pack, and I have nothing missing in my car, as far as I can tell.

Didn't want Sirius, Sync, heated seats, NAV, or many other doo-dads that some people have to have.

The 13-14 cars got an upgraded steering wheel in the base cars over the 11-12 cars, so they all have the shiny bits on them making them look more upscale.

Don't know about the water leak, mine's at 33k miles without one.

My MT82 is clunky, yes, but I wouldn't say it's bad enough to avoid getting a MANual transmission MustANg and have to settle for an autotragic

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
answers in red

1.) do the 11+ cars have the fucking water leak? Interior water leak? I haven't seen anything compared to the 05-09 issue.

2.) is there a difference between the 11/12 and 13/14 interior quality wise? Not much changed except for the base trims, as members mentioned. 14's all came with blind spot corners in the mirrors (that includes base trims). 13 and 14 premiums included track apps which is cool but more of a gimmick than useful.

3.) do the stick transmissions(mt82) still have tons of problems, this wont have serious tire on it just a street tire warrior. Still a hit or miss. The MT82 is just a lack luster piece of machinery to begin with.

4.) you would get a 11/12 premium fully loaded or a 13/14 cloth but with brembo package? I personally like how the exterior of the 11/12's look over the 13/14. But with that said, I would be very satisfied with a 13/14 base GT as long as it had sync, track pack, and Recaro seats.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Like Gabe & Cam said. ;)

At 57k I have no leaks.

I have the base interior with Recaros. The only difference I have seen between mine & premium is a fancier door panel insert and different dash panel finishes. Besides that they are the same.

MT82 is the same transmission. If you are just street driving it, it's fine. Get an MGW (and possibly BF bracket) and much of that is resolved.

As for the last question: my answer lives in my driveway. ;) '13 base cloth interior with Recaros.

SKIDONKEY

Reaction score
No leaks with mine ever.

My 2013 is a base and it doesn't feel "base" like to me inside. Only requirement for me was sync and I have that so I'm happy. After having the recaros, I would definitely suggest looking for a car with them.

My mt-82 is clunky and quirky sometimes but no major disasters. No matter how bad is it and how much faster an auto is.....I would never have even considered this car in an auto.

The styling of the 13/14 is so much better to me so I would definitely look for a well optioned 13/14. Deals are out there just have to look.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
'13 GT Premium here loaded minus glass roof, backup camera/nav and any type of Brembo/Recaro - and I have the blind spot mirror things, and the fucking stupid Mustang under mirror LED's (stoooopid). Interior seems to be very similar to 11/12, exterior is a bit different. Wishing I would have found a '12 honestly as I like the appearance of them more than the 13/14 with the faux GT500 look. No water leaks at 27k on it. Manual transmission because it's a Mustang. Automatic and V6 were in the same category, and were non options.

junkyard08

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 14 premium with track pack and recaros. As others have stated, no water leaks and the mt-82 is clunky but not awful

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back