This might be goodbye... :(

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
happens all the time, which is why i wont. in my company vehicle we are explicitly told not to wave people by like that.
People do that all the time up here and it drives me crazy. They will halt traffic in order to let someone in or through. And some people will even halt right in the middle of the road at a Y with a blinker on blocking traffic because they didn't get over in time and don't want to go down a block and double back over.

I wish the police would ticket people for that.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
People do that all the time up here and it drives me crazy. They will halt traffic in order to let someone in or through. And some people will even halt right in the middle of the road at a Y with a blinker on blocking traffic because they didn't get over in time and don't want to go down a block and double back over.

I wish the police would ticket people for that.

yeah man, i don't get it sure wave them past you but there are 2+ other lanes not seeing what you are. way too dangerous.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the condolences.

Insurance called me today, and told me the other guy had the right of way. I understand that, but at the same time, if I see 3 lanes of traffic STOPPED and with a gap in front at a turn lane, I'm going to assume that there might be a car coming across, not continue going 50 mph.

Oh well, at least I'm ok.

Insurance has ruled a preliminary Total Loss, but an adjuster still hasn't seen the car yet.

Good news is I work at a dealership, located an '11 GT that happens to be in my price range. I'll have them buy it, and sell it to myself. :thumb2: At least that's the tentative plan.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Good news is I work at a dealership, located an '11 GT that happens to be in my price range. I'll have them buy it, and sell it to myself. :thumb2: At least that's the tentative plan.

You should have wrecked it a long time ago!!!!!!!!:crazy::crazy::chainsaw:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Insurance called me today, and told me the other guy had the right of way. I understand that, but at the same time, if I see 3 lanes of traffic STOPPED and with a gap in front at a turn lane, I'm going to assume that there might be a car coming across, not continue going 50 mph.

Insurance has ruled a preliminary Total Loss, but an adjuster still hasn't seen the car yet.

How much negative do you think the gap erased for you?

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your relatively unscathed, I had a very similar thing happen to me a couple years back
It was christmas eve I was on my way to pick up a last minute gift with my sister and needed to turn across 3 lanes out of a gas station
Exit was like 2 feet from the light so cars seeing we waiting stopped and waved me by I was watching and creeping out at 5km/h in-case there was something I could not see and watching for traffic turning onto this road. When Bam I "tbone" some idiot who darts around the 2 lanes of stopped cars doing about 50kmph (again like 20 feet from a set of red lights)
My car the bumper was barely dented but the frame was pulled 2 inches sideways from his momentum.
I ended up getting blamed at fault as in canada at least there is a auto left turn at fault rule.
The cop had reversed our speeds for some reason but the impact showed the opposite.
The cop showed up to my house on christmas day and explicitly told me to fight the ticket in court. The other fucking asshole who's fault it was and was reckless had been hit by a drunk driver the year before decided to then sue me for a million dollars because it flared up injuries (he ended up getting like 100grand)
I went through over 6 months of physio for back problems and still have occasional pain.
So the lesson of the story as you already learned are people are fucking stupid, cannot be trusted and never trust others waving you on when you don't explicitly have the right of way

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score

Sadly the insurance company is correct. However many insurance companies have accident forgiveness if you chose that option. Depending on your company and choices, you may only have a deductible to worry about.

An 11 huh. NOICE!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Good lessons in here. The only thing worse than blue hairs and idiots waving you out to your own doom in a car is when you're on a freaking bicycle. I try to avoid riding on roads but it's damn near lethal out there.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the crash, Kato. Glad you are OK, and at least you may end up with a glorious 5.0 Coyote powered Stang!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
happens all the time, which is why i wont. in my company vehicle we are explicitly told not to wave people by like that.

Smart.

Waving someone to proceed is "directing traffic" and could make you up to 100% responsible for a crash if you direct them into the path of an oncoming vehicle.

Never EVER wave someone on. I will occasionally leave a gap if the situation is right. First, the car crossing traffic should be able to clearly see all lanes they will have to cross. Second, keep an eye over your own shoulder for danger and close the gap if it looks like something stupid is about to happen. Third, don't make eye contact or gestures to encourage them into traffic. Let them make their own decision.

Good luck OP.

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
I work in a body shop as a HD frame guy..
that car shouldn't be totaled, depending on your insurance co % for total loss.
with salvage 1/4 panel section, damage should be about 8K, depending on parts prices in your area.

I haven't looked at the car personally. from the pics most of the damage looks like it's in the 1/4 panel. I really don't see any buckles in the roof. the axles bent so new axle and maybe some control arms.
if you have upgraded control arms and axles, and they aren't listed on your policy insurance might only replace with the stock ones.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it was officially deemed as a Total Loss today.

However, since my credit has greatly improved, it looks like (not a done deal yet so I don't want to jinx it), I'll be replacing my '08 GT with....

an '11 Yellow-Blaze GT w/Brembo Pkg., HID's, Comfort Package, 3.73's, etc.

:thumb2:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Don't see many Yellow Blaze Mustangs round these parts.

Pics ASAP!

As long as there aren't any unforeseen complications, it's looking pretty good. I'll have pics ASAP when I take delivery.

GAP covered 150% of Market Value. It cleared by balance by a grand.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As long as there aren't any unforeseen complications, it's looking pretty good. I'll have pics ASAP when I take delivery.

GAP covered 150% of Market Value. It cleared by balance by a grand.

Nice reset :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back