143.6 KB · Views: 253
  • S197_Crash_3.jpg
    S197_Crash_3.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 227

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Totalled. Unibody is bent out of square.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ouch!!

Time for a Shelby :thumb2:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
image.jpg

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thankfully, I was the only one in the car. I was on my way to pick up my 3-year old daughter.

I was in a dedicated left turn lane (median-divided), turning left across 4 lanes of traffic to turn into a parking lot.

Traffic was at a standstill, bumper to bumper.

The 2 cars closest to me had stopped to let me cross, the third lane car was blocking the drive. I had to wait until traffic continued in front of that guy so he could unblock the drive. The car behind him hesitated on letting me in twice and finally let me in. On the other side of that car is a right-hand turn lane for the parking lot and continues as a turn lane for the Tollway after that. Just as I cleared the 3rd, indecisive car, there was a 2000 Expedition going 45-50 mph almost right on top of me.

We made contact, spun me around 180* clockwise, busted out the passenger glass, snapped my driverside rear wheel off behind the hub and my side-seat airbag deployed and kept me from smashing my head against the window.

No one was severly injured. My lower back has progressively gotten worse as the day has gone by, today. Luckily I have Gap Insurance.

We'll see what happens.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
That sucks, man. But a prime example of why UPS drivers are discouraged from making left hand turns. Their routes are specifically designed to make almost all turns right hand turns.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I sadly see wrecks occurring like that very often with people waving cars in to cross the traffic.

Glad you are okay.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

Witnessed this wreck. People were flagging a guy in the parking lot to my right to come on out and when he did this guy T-boned him and flipped!!! Almost killed this guy.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
ALL. THE. TIME! Sorry bout your car. Coyote time!

Haha. I would be lying to you if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind. I love the 05-09 generation. Waited over a year to find this one. Maybe my next one will have a 5.0L in it.......maybe.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I never trust people flagging me on, I can't even count the number of people that "told me to go" when there was a damn car coming.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks but I'm glad you weren't hurt. Hope everything works out for you to get something new, I also think that one is totaled.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
I never trust people flagging me on, I can't even count the number of people that "told me to go" when there was a damn car coming.

Drives me crazy!! Was turning left out of a gas station and a guy with a box truck was turning left in. It was a squeeze so he waived me on. I motioned like "dude there's a car coming" he flew in after that all pissed and almost took off my bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back