Tire shine question

stang2009

Reaction score
I use Black Magic Gel. I Put it on with applicator at the show, and whip off excess when I leave the show. I have a lot of people comment how good it looks. Last a long time, and have had no problems with it coming off.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this the same as the shit that comes in the squart bottle with the block and you put it on my hand....? Thats what i use b/c i dont wanna get over spray on the black chrome wheels... It stays on real good, even after bad rain storms my tires look good still.

+1 for ArmorAll products

Its a spray on foam. Very tight spray foam pattern so you dont get it all over your wheels.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
This is what i use.
7030049_arm_77960_pri_larg.jpg

CarAudiophile

Fly Like a G6
Reaction score
Hopefully none of you ever need paint work done. A body/paint man will not be happy with having to work out so much silicone off a paint and fish eye'ing the paint.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hopefully none of you ever need paint work done. A body/paint man will not be happy with having to work out so much silicone off a paint and fish eye'ing the paint.

Since I'm just using it on my tires, I don't think a future paintman will mind. If he does, to bad, that's why a good paint job costs an arm and a leg.

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
you are also supposed to let it sit for awhile before you drive. that should probably be on the directions. Spray on ones tend to be glossier than ones you rub on. But at the same time...you dont want to get overspray on your bling wheels that you just cleaned. Ive had great luck with meguiars or "tire wet" gel that you put on with the foam applicator as stated above.

Part b - $8? Thats nuts man.

I washed the car at 5pm and let it sit until the next morning at about 8am. I bought the Meg's NXT spray from vato-zone. I probably shoulda bought this stuff from a walmart or something but there all far away, oh well.

Baby Jesus kills a kitten everytime you use an aresol and blow silicone all over your car. Water based or not, it's not good on the ride. Hell I use even a non silicone based cleaner and I go into the other room to spray it.

lol Okay so the slicone is bad. Thanks for the tip :thumb:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Black Magic Titanium Spray for me!!

Yeah, that's the stuff I've been using on my Jeep lately. I really like it for an off the shelf spray. It goes on thin and seems to last pretty well, too.

I just don't have the time or energy to hand apply gel to 31" tires, lol

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Surf City tire dressing is the best I have ever used and its not super shinny. It gives it a nice satin black appearance like a new tire.

limetym

forum member
Reaction score
Adams super vrt. love the stuff and it is water based, water repelent. dry to the touch and i use it on everything plastic and rubber on the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back