Totalled?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Should have towed that to your house. If it's somewhere else get it there ASAP. It's not insurance property till they cut you a check and finalize the claim. If it's at your place take everything you can ASAP.

Thats what I did, I had them take back to my house. THEN, when they totaled the car I purchased the car back, and switched the motor, trans, suspension, etc over to a roller car I found (that had no motor/trans). Then the old car was scrap after I was done. I also sold everything that was usable off of the old car.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience, the pain will get worse over the next 3 days. Kind of like when you work out really hard, your muscles are very sore a couple days after. If you are sore now, right after the accident it will get worse. Regardless, after a hit like that, I would go to the doctor no matter what and get checked out immediately.

This.^

If you go to a chiropractor regularly, which in my opinion everyone should, have home check you ASAP. If he's good he'll likely be able to diagnose anything from the wreck, and he can substantiate that you were problem free beforehand if you have a history there.

WuStangClan

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit is right!!! I got hit at a dead stop recently from a kid in a jeep cherokee, he never hit the brakes either and was probably going 30-35mph and my damage was a 1/4 of yours. How fast was this guy going, 50!!! Hope your alright both now and in the future.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
WOW.

Happy you're alive man, agreed with the above about seeing a doctor. You're going to feel that hit for sure. That was at least 50+mph on the low end, I don't think I've personally seen a Mustang that damaged from a rear end collision... (myself at least)

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I would go to the chiropractor and have them do an x ray on your neck. I did after my wreck in 07. I started having bad neck pain a month after. Turned out my neck was out of alignment for a lack of better words

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I know that most of you guys on here know this already, but as bad as that car looks, it did exactly what Ford designed it to do in a rear end collison. Fold up like an accordian, and absorb the energy from the impact so it doesn't get transferred to the driver/passenger. It amazes me how cars are engineered these days, and people can walk away from something like that with little to no significant injuries.

Glad you are OK. It sucks, but you can always get another car. And +1 on going to the doctor, just to be on the safe side.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
You don't have to deal with anyone. Make your insurance company deal with his and let them get their deductible from his company. Also, don't sign anything from his insurance company until after you feel 100% better. I'm not sure what the terminology is for it but they have papers you sign basically saying you're ok and that you won't sue.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you are feeling OK! That is a horrible accident and you definitely need to go get checked out.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Glad your ok, get a lawyer then have him sent you to this doctor, don't trust your insurance company to take care of you, there out for them self.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Glad you are ok. That's a hard hit. I was hit just like that. It sucks. Give it a few days to see how you're body handles the hit. I agree don't sign anything or say to much. You don't want to say the wrong thing not knowing you are saying it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back