Tpms- doesn't make sense

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
So I recently got new wheels (yes I need to get pics up!) but I didn't order them with tpms. I have not once gotten a light on the dashboard for the sensors not being there anymore. Anybody know how or if this could have been turned off by the previous owner? It is an 07 so it's suppose to have it correct? I'm not complaining because I didn't have to spend the extra $200 on the senors lol just kind of curious.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Mine took a couple days before they tripped. How long have you had the new wheels on?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You cant turn the dash light off?

Not with the tune. The message center also gives you updates along with warning sounds.

It takes a number of miles before anything happens. It is quite possible to not drive far enough to trip it and return home. If the original sensors are in the same proximity as the car then the cycle starts again.

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
Not with the tune. The message center also gives you updates along with warning sounds.

It takes a number of miles before anything happens. It is quite possible to not drive far enough to trip it and return home. If the original sensors are in the same proximity as the car then the cycle starts again.

How many miles? I had bought two different stock rims that I used for a while and had it randomly come on like 2 times ( no tpms). Now with the new rims I have not had it come on at all. I have driven it close to 20 miles in one trip. No dash light came on.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
TPMS is supposed to update itself every 60 seconds when travelling over 20 MPH. Or once every 6 hours I believe when stationary. It should have tripped fairly quickly.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
How many miles? I had bought two different stock rims that I used for a while and had it randomly come on like 2 times ( no tpms). Now with the new rims I have not had it come on at all. I have driven it close to 20 miles in one trip. No dash light came on.

I'm not sure how far for it to come on the first time. I want to say 25 miles. After that the distance is less, something like 12 miles.

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how far for it to come on the first time. I want to say 25 miles. After that the distance is less, something like 12 miles.

So you're sayin as long as I drive under 25 miles then I won't have to worry about it ;) hahaha jk

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used to have some Blizzaks with no sensors on the rear on my '07. At the time I had a 96 mile round trip commute. I could drive 3 or 4 days before it would trip.

I'll throw my drag radials on with no sensors, drive 22 miles to the track, race all day and drive home, and it never trips.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back