Tranny oil

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
I tried searching this but didnt find much which is weird, anyways. i was wondering what everyone is using for tranny fluid besides the recommend atf fluid for the 3650's. i drained mine about 1000 miles ago and used some really thin pennzoil tranny oil and some lucas gear oil which really helped quieten it down and seemed to make the tranny feel "tight" again. however, recentely i have developed a low rpm "wined" in 1,2,and 3, im guessing its from that maybe to thick of oil and was curious what everyone else uses. i just dont like the idea of atf in my manual tranny, too damn thin in my opinion.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the Royal Purple Synchromax stuff for manual transmissions. It's easy to drain it out, just pull the plug at the bottom. To fill it you gotta use a suction gun or another method. I find the suction gun to be messy, my suction gun leaked all over the place. Next time I fill mine I am going to try running a hose up through the shifter and out of the car and squirt it in that way.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use standard motorcraft. Works well and its the same as my pwoer steerign fluid so i get 2 uses out of it

biznazion

Reaction score
I use a mix of 2 qt Redline D4 and 1 qt Redline MT90. I fill with a funnel and hose from the top (down past the shifter boot).

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used Mobil one. I have the same whine in my tranny too

dieselboy28

sick my duck
Reaction score
so i did some reading up and it seems most say dont use pennzoil syncromesh, its seems there fibers on the back side if the rings that it will wear off. so now its between royal purple syncromax(anyone know the weight on this?) and i read on another forum someone contacted tremec and they said use dexron 3 not mecron 5 and they added that it should not be synthetic, this sound right?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back