Transmission cut off switch?

Bustang523

Reaction score
So I use my 2005 V6 automatic mustang as my pizza delivery car. When I am on my deliveries I don't want to leave the car running with the keys in it for fear of someone stealing my car. on the other hand I don't want to keep starting and stopping my engine every time I go to the door of a house. the solution a co worker had on his truck was a switch that would cut power to the transmission. This way he could park his truck, flip the switch, get out with the car running and if someone else got in the car and tried to put it in gear the truck wouldn't move. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to my mustang that would have a similar effect. if anyone has any diagrams of the plugs on the shifter or transmission it would be appreciated. thanks in advanced.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
You could always put a switch to cut off the brake lights so it can’t be shifted out of park. Or you could carry another key fob on you and lock the doors when you get out. I think that would be the easier route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bustang523

Reaction score
You could always put a switch to cut off the brake lights so it can’t be shifted out of park. Or you could carry another key fob on you and lock the doors when you get out. I think that would be the easier route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your idea with the switch to the brakes. it'd probably have to be a switch that cuts power to the brake pedal sensor in order to prevent the computer from sensing the pedal is pressed down. I'll try unplugging the sensor and see if that prevents the car from being able to be shifted.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
2nd FOB would be my choice also...

OP; Where you you live/work...high threat area(s) f/ theft? Any way you can get a $500 "beater" f/ work?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back