TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I don't think the remote shifter is that big of a deal on the 6060. The plus to Going internal is you are deleting two joints, shifter to rod and rod to top plate. I am not to sure about the shift rail, thats a loooong rail!! I don't think the drift pins are strong enought, and if one breaks you need to take the trans apart.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
August, September, now October this is getting really old waiting on the impending release of this thing.

HG6283

Granny Shifter
Reaction score
Not waiting any longer.
I beat up the 5-speed pretty much and it's making an unfortunate noise now. So I cannot wait for 'whenever' the Magnum comes out.
I'm getting a 6060 installed in a couple weeks.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not waiting any longer.
I beat up the 5-speed pretty much and it's making an unfortunate noise now. So I cannot wait for 'whenever' the Magnum comes out.
I'm getting a 6060 installed in a couple weeks.

spidey_sez_2thumbs_up1.jpg

tigerhonaker

bullitt boy

Reaction score
^HAHA
Sorry to hear about the trans Ron. Glad you have a new one lined up. Subscribed to the change please keep me posted.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the 6060 rated at H/P and torque wise

BA21 05-10 Mustang GT 6 speed Transmission Installation Package

http://www.ddperformance.com/shop/p...35A6D4E73625967C69&products_id=58cPath=108_95

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The complete package consists of a TR-6060 6 Speed Transmission and all[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the parts needed for installation in an 05-10 Mustang GT. The TR-6060 is[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]the next generation T-56 rated at 700 lb-ft torque with heavy duty 26T[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]input and 31T output shafts. It is orginal equipment in the Mustang GT-[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]500 and similiar to the 6-speeds used in the Corvette, Camaro and Challenger.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Installation kit includes bellhousing, crossmember, short throw shifter, shift[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]handle, leather shift knob, Leather upper boot, lower boot, mounting[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hardware and a custom one-piece aluminum driveshaft.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Requires 26T clutch kit not furnished with the kit, but available at D & D.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note: This package can be purchased with components deleted. Call or email for details.[/FONT]

image.php

tigerhonaker

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Not to take away from this thread any at all but, if you are still on a stock 3650, I highly suggest you getting a built 6060 and forget about it. I couldn't be happier with my liberty built 6060. ZERO issues shifting. FACT. Puts me in mind of how my 93 5.0 mustang shifted.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to wait a little longer but my clutch is about shot and I will be upgrading my transmission regardless whether it's out or not.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back