TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Lol I am sure one would hook up to the coyote. If I am not mistaken MattD has the TR3650 on his coyote but don't quote me! I feel like I read that in his build thread

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I am sure one would hook up to the coyote. If I am not mistaken MattD has the TR3650 on his coyote but don't quote me! I feel like I read that in his build thread

The speedo sensor will not work. You can physically put them in there fine, but Ford went with a completely different 3 wire sensor and plug on the new MT-82's. Thats fine for track cars, but doesnt work for a daily driver. I even bought a spare MT82 sensor and looked into putting it in my TKO600 I have and they are just too different to make work.

Last edited:

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
Us poor '11 guy dont have the 6060 option :(

Still waiting Tremec .................

Get off your butts. I have heard they have a test trans sitting there waiting to go in a car. If you guys need a test mule I'm game.

I don.t know why you guys keep saying that! You can put the 6060 in a 11/12 model. Ford still uses it with the GT500. Another member here all ready wrote it up, and YES the speedo will work.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
I don.t know why you guys keep saying that! You can put the 6060 in a 11/12 model. Ford still uses it with the GT500. Another member here all ready wrote it up, and YES the speedo will work.

You left out ..........

" as long as you are willing to swap out the vehicle wire harness and computer ..... "

please provide link of install thread on 11/12 5.0 with GT-500 trans. I could not find said write up when I searched.

gil_t2

Reaction score
I will try to find it. It did not start out as a swap thread. And he did not change the ECU or wiring. The only wires that go to the trans are the reverse switch, speedo and rev lock out.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
I will try to find it. It did not start out as a swap thread. And he did not change the ECU or wiring. The only wires that go to the trans are the reverse switch, speedo and rev lock out.

Its the speedo sensor that is the problem. It's a 3 wire vs a 2 wire sensor. Everything else is easy. .

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I really thought I had exonerated the DS by removing the Spyder and installing the Coast one, but I guess I was wrong. We'll see tomorrow... it's getting tested then hopefully coming off and going to the shop first thing.

If that's the culprit, I'm buying you a beer the next time I'm in VA.
I'll still buy you a beer, but the driveshaft was not the issue. I spent $175 to get it shortened half an inch, and it didn't even change the clunking noise a note. Oddly, the driveshaft shop (which came highly recommended) refused to cut the splined parts, and insisted on cutting half an inch out of the tube and welding it back together.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. I think I'm gonna put an Exedy 600 in it, next. It's only money.

gil_t2

Reaction score
Sorry it did not work for you, Did they give you a reason for not shorting the splined end? The shop i went to does really HD equipment, alot of splined shafts and only charged me $45.00.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry it did not work for you, Did they give you a reason for not shorting the splined end? The shop i went to does really HD equipment, alot of splined shafts and only charged me $45.00.
He got all upset about it and said that would ruin its ability to expand and contract. I was all :mad2: and he was all :321: so I let him do it. I had it up to 100 today and it was fine, so no issues, yet.

Then my car overheated on the way home. FML.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just ordered me one of them there fancy new RAM Street Dual Disc Force 9.5s. Rated to 800 ft-lbs of sweet, sweet lovin. I had good luck with a single disc Ram Powergrip HD, so we'll see.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Very nice looking piece of equipment subscribed to how you like it. i am using the ram HD and have had no problems or complaints with it yet.

06whipple

Not waiting for the magnum anymore...gonna do a G-force upgrade to the 3650.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
06 whipple do you have any info on that? Why not just do the T6060? Good to 700 foot lbs of tire burning torque.lol.

06whipple

slightly cheaper and good for 1000 horsepower with revised gear ratios.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back