TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
You are welcome, I hope it solves the problem. It is better than taking the trans apart.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are welcome, I hope it solves the problem. It is better than taking the trans apart.
I really thought I had exonerated the DS by removing the Spyder and installing the Coast one, but I guess I was wrong. We'll see tomorrow... it's getting tested then hopefully coming off and going to the shop first thing.

If that's the culprit, I'm buying you a beer the next time I'm in VA.

gil_t2

Reaction score
I really thought I had exonerated the DS by removing the Spyder and installing the Coast one, but I guess I was wrong. We'll see tomorrow... it's getting tested then hopefully coming off and going to the shop first thing.

If that's the culprit, I'm buying you a beer the next time I'm in VA.

Sounds good !!:beer:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys . Looks like a new drive shaft is in order. I can always sell the Dynotech to re-coup some costs.
Rick,

When you order the Complete TR 6060 from Brenspeed it will include the New Drive-Shaft and other parts needed.
(Except the Clutch Disc)

Give Ron Ream a Call or E-Mail.

tigerhonaker

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are Brenspeed commercials allowed in a Tremec thread?

Update: I stripped one of the bolt heads, so it's gonna be a few days until I know if the endplay was the issue.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Terry I had heard that from Ron as well but I do not want the 4" shaft I have have very good service from the 3.5 dynotech. The way I hear it from folks with the 4" shaft is that the tunnel needs to be "massaged" a bit. I will give Ron a bit of time with his set up and then bang ears with him. Happy motoring.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The way I hear it from folks with the 4" shaft is that the tunnel needs to be "massaged" a bit.
Not necessarily true. The Coast driveshaft is 4" and no tunnel massaging was necessary on my car. The length is apparently too long, but the gerth is just fine... if only I had a dollar for every time I've heard that.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Thanks ray these are the things i need to know from those who have been there and done that not just i heard from a guy i know.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry I had heard that from Ron as well but I do not want the 4" shaft I have have very good service from the 3.5 dynotech. The way I hear it from folks with the 4" shaft is that the tunnel needs to be "massaged" a bit. I will give Ron a bit of time with his set up and then bang ears with him. Happy motoring.
Rick,

I just talked with Ron in length.
No {Modifications} at all were necessary.
But ...........
If your Mustang is lowered it is a different story.
Beat the Crap out of the Tunnel. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I got to keep my 3.5" Dynotech with the TCI Super Street Fighter.
That I was glad for.

Terry

gil_t2

Reaction score
I am lowered on Roush springs I have a 4" Coast shaft, I moved the brake cable bracket and have lots of room. I think the problem is with 05/06 models, there was a small change in the floor pan in 07/08/09. I have an 09

bullitt boy

Reaction score
09 standard Bullitt height not lowered.Thanks again for the input guys.

dzcues

Reaction score
But ...........
If your Mustang is lowered it is a different story.
Beat the Crap out of the Tunnel.

My '06 is lowered and uses a Powerhouse 4" driveshaft with no tunnel massage & no problems.

You can see it HERE.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My '06 is lowered and uses a Powerhouse 4" driveshaft with no tunnel massage & no problems.

You can see it HERE.
As we all know there are exceptions to anything.
In general though with the 4" shafts some people have had to beat the crap out of their tunnels.

Yours looks just super glad you did not have to modify the tunnel by beating on it.

Man you have a bad boy Mustang Buddy.

IMG_6042b.jpg

tigerhonaker

Last edited:

dzcues

Reaction score
As we all know there are exceptions to anything. In general though with the 4" shafts some people have had to beat the crap out of their tunnels. Yours looks just super glad you did not have to modify the tunnel by beating on it. Man you have a bad boy Mustang Buddy. tigerhonaker

Thank you. I like my sleeper but I'd willingly beat the crap out of my tunnel if it would make the T56 Magnum available sooner. I've been subscribed to this thread for a LOOONG time hoping for this trannie.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Steeda supplied tapered DS that came with my TR6060 conversion. My car is lowered 1.5" all around and I had to do the tunnel "massage" with a BFH. It's an '07 GT.

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
I said fuck it also and went with the 6060 from Promotion power train. complete kit for $3250.00

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Yes everybody should just give it up... It's not going to happen the TR6060 is whats in it for you. Be fortunate that you can at least pick something that is twice as good up.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Us poor '11 guy dont have the 6060 option :(

Still waiting Tremec .................

Get off your butts. I have heard they have a test trans sitting there waiting to go in a car. If you guys need a test mule I'm game.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back