TREMEC T56 Magnum S197 Transmission

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Here is another E-mail from a company i ask about the trans..

D&D Performance:

Luis,

The T-56 Magnum kit for your car is due in December and will be $3799 with driveshaft.

Joe

We will see.....:booring:

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Here is another E-mail from a company i ask about the trans..

D&D Performance:

Luis,

The T-56 Magnum kit for your car is due in December and will be $3799 with driveshaft.

Joe

We will see.....:booring:

Don't hold your breath :thud:

DRock

Reaction score
RS Gears ---- Back in November 4, 2011

LUIS
THE TREMEC S197 REPLACEMENT WITH 2.97 OR 2.66 RATIO I WILL HAVE THEM IN 30 DAYS THERE WILL BE A LIMITED AMOUNT BUILT ON THE FIRST RUN I AM AT SEMA SHOW AND TOOK 8 DEPOSITS AS OF TODAY. YOUR COST IS 3695.00 OR 4295.00 RACE READY WITH UP GRADES. RACE READY IS BUILT WITH CARBON RINGS 1-4, COMPETITION SHIMED, BLUE PRINTED GEAR SET
TRANS
BELLHOUSING
CROSSMEMBER
MOUNT
NOT SURE ABOUT DRIVE SHAFT BUT WILL CHECK TODAY WITH TREMEC I DONT HAVE ONE WITH TRANS TO SHOW SO I AM NOT SURE
GEORGE RSG RACE DIVISION

Like everybody is saying so far... NOT TRUE UNTIL WE SEE IT RIGHT !!!!! :clap:

I saw their kit for our cars at SEMA.....The guy told me he wouldnt put a T56 in a 05-10 though and that it was more for the 2011 plus. He wanted me to get one of their TR6060's? When i told him I wanted a T56 he kind just started to question as to why I needed it.

Oh and you will also have to get a custom driveshaft they told me.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While at the Sema show I stopped by Tranzilla's booth and they had two of them there. They said they would sell their version of the T56 magnum but it doesn't have the spot for the speedo sensor. When I asked what other difference's there was he said "ours are ready to sell" lol.... I shifted it... my lawd was it nice :roflmao:

The Tremec sales guy that was suppose to be at the booth wasn't there but the transzilla rep said it's going to be awhile. Which I have been hearing for what it seems to be forver.

I am pricing out all the parts needed for a TKO600 swap. But it's going to be more by the time I buy everything then what the T56 magnum is suppose to sell for retail.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I know D&D doesnt sell the the TR 6060 anymore.

That makes sence, They now list the 197 magnum kit, and with tr6060's al over the internet for sale I can't think why anyone would pay $4,000 for the 6060 swap kit. I wonder if they realy have them in stock.( s197 mags)

Last edited:

06whipple

Tired of waiting on this POS to come out...I'm going a different route!

06whipple

I'm gonna run my 3650 til it pukes pieces and then put in an automatic.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna run my 3650 til it pukes pieces and then put in an automatic.
My grandma's selling her Honda Accord automatic transmission, if you're serious about that.

Just kidding. I wish I had done the same. Couldn't bring myself to do it, though.

06whipple

Still toying around with the idea of going back to stock and trading it in too...value on these is in the toilet right now though.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I think it is time for Jerico or lenco to come up with a mounting kit to install their trans into the S197. Has anyone tryed it yet?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back