trunk ajar button switch

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the trunk ajar button switch is a normally open switch or is it a normally closed switch? My trunk ajar light is coming on and i want to check the switch with a meter,but I need to know if it's a normal open or closed switch.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't recall, but mine starting acting up and beeping with the light so I disconnected it. Which would tell me its normally open switch when the trunk is shut and closed when the trunk is open. If it was the other way around I might have just shorted the two wires together, don't remember exactly but its easy to figure out when you look at it.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I don't recall, but mine starting acting up and beeping with the light so I disconnected it. Which would tell me its normally open switch when the trunk is shut and closed when the trunk is open. If it was the other way around I might have just shorted the two wires together, don't remember exactly but its easy to figure out when you look at it.

So basically when the plunger is pushed in it shouldn't have contact and when the plunger is out it should have electrical contact or signal going through it. That's what i was thinking, so when ohm out the switch should have contact to when the trunk is open and when it is closed it shouldn't have a signal to it.

Jasber

Reaction score

How did you disconnect it? My wife's '06 has a "trunk ajar" message constantly and it's definitely not open. Looking for some solution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I would think you can just "jumper" the plunger switch, making the plunger always being a closed contact.

Rostang50

Reaction score
So I am having issues with the trunk switch also. Mine seemed to work fine until i put a new bulb (LED) in the trunk for better light.
When I did the Led wouldn't light up but for a second.
I pulled it all apart and cleaned and inspected it all.
Now my trunk ajar warning light keeps coming on and my alarm keeps going off at random times.
I also replaced the switch that controls it all.
Where to next?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Put the old bulb back in as a test. All that shit is controlled by the SJB, and it dont like LED bulbs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back