Tsb 11-07-07

Reaction score
Sad day for the mustang...

I should have kept my '08 and threw a hellion on it.

And just for lulz, sig change ftw.

Last edited:

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
So wait Ford has a TSB about any performance additions to the Mustang. Is this the same car Ford spends all this money advertising revving,drifting around corners, filling their catalogs with performance parts for. Guess I should trade mine in on a new Fiesta :)

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Yea, same car shown in a burnout poster in the dealership too.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
So wait Ford has a TSB about any performance additions to the Mustang. Is this the same car Ford spends all this money advertising revving,drifting around corners, filling their catalogs with performance parts for. Guess I should trade mine in on a new Fiesta :)

Yea, same car shown in a burnout poster in the dealership too.

It's not like that. They're not saying you can't drive it hard, they're not saying you can't modify it. They're just saying, if you modify your car with aftermarket parts, and aftermarket tunes, and that modification damages your engine, they're not going to pay for it. It's no different than it's ever been, except this time they're really paying attention.

Do whatever you want to your car, but if you blow it up because of an aftermarket part, don't expect Ford to pay for it. That's really all it is.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
I think the only difference here is that with pre 2011 GTs you can throw some bolt ons on there and you dont see anyone reporting blown engines because of the mods.. like the 05-10 I never heard of anyone with engine trouble because of a tune, worst was like pinging likely because of gas. now we have to be careful and make sure a tune doesn't break the car... with Ti-VCT comes great responsibility i guess ;)

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
It's not like that. They're not saying you can't drive it hard, they're not saying you can't modify it. They're just saying, if you modify your car with aftermarket parts, and aftermarket tunes, and that modification damages your engine, they're not going to pay for it. It's no different than it's ever been, except this time they're really paying attention.

Do whatever you want to your car, but if you blow it up because of an aftermarket part, don't expect Ford to pay for it. That's really all it is.
close, but i disagree to an extent. in the TSB "clutch damage" is listed as one of the items to look for as an indication of an over-revved motor. so now they have their excuse (in writing) to void a warranty on a stock car that was driven hard

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
close, but i disagree to an extent. in the TSB "clutch damage" is listed as one of the items to look for as an indication of an over-revved motor. so now they have their excuse (in writing) to void a warranty on a stock car that was driven hard

not true, they still need to PROVE it. It us up to the service department to PROVE thats what happened.

G.T

Reaction score
guys check the troubleshooting diagram in the TSB

if i understood it correctly, according to that diagram, if your battery was ever disconnected (say to get the damn thing replaced) and for one reason or another you have P1000 DTC, that's grounds to "initiate warranty cancellation process"

notice how other circumstances could lead to one step that requires finding mods that could explain the failure.
but the one unique combination of P1000 + Battery disconnected goes straight to the warranty cancellation box..

unless the diagram is flawed

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

I think that's on the extreme end of things. And clutch damage is different than clutch wear or the known clutch issues. If you destroy a clutch it's not because you powered up an on-ramp a little fast. It's from some form of abuse. You shouldn't expect Ford to honor their warranty because you decided to launch off the factory rev limiter at the track with slicks. The user (owner of the car) needs to accept some liability as well. The car is not bullet proof and should be driven with some responsibility.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
guys check the troubleshooting diagram in the TSB

if i understood it correctly, according to that diagram, if your battery was ever disconnected (say to get the damn thing replaced) and for one reason or another you have P1000 DTC, that's grounds to "initiate warranty cancellation process"

notice how other circumstances could lead to one step that requires finding mods that could explain the failure.
but the one unique combination of P1000 + Battery disconnected goes straight to the warranty cancellation box..

unless the diagram is flawed

you are reading it incorrectly

It says if you have P1000 to Determine if the battery was disconnected OR the PCM was reflashed.

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
not true, they still need to PROVE it. It us up to the service department to PROVE thats what happened.
correct. and if they pull the tranny and the clutch is "damaged" then they have their proof.
and "damaged" doesnt necessary have to mean broken discs and pressure plates...im sure excessive wear would qualify too.

we're all gambling now...and the odds are in favor of the house.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think that's on the extreme end of things. And clutch damage is different than clutch wear or the known clutch issues. If you destroy a clutch it's not because you powered up an on-ramp a little fast. It's from some form of abuse. You shouldn't expect Ford to honor their warranty because you decided to launch off the factory rev limiter at the track with slicks. The user (owner of the car) needs to accept some liability as well. The car is not bullet proof and should be driven with some responsibility.

+1000

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
agreed.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
correct. and if they pull the tranny and the clutch is "damaged" then they have their proof.
and "damaged" doesnt necessary have to mean broken discs and pressure plates...im sure excessive wear would qualify too.

we're all gambling now...and the odds are in favor of the house.

that is incorrect

they need to prove that OVERREVVING the motor CAUSED the damage to the clutch, then they can void the warranty. Id love to see them try to prove that.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this is why you need to do your homework on WHO you let tune your car and its ~$8000 motor. You should be askign questions on knock sensors, on timing, on commanded AFR, ect, before you let anyone tune the car.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
isn't P1000 just a readiness code and you have to drive a few hundred miles to clear it?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its a good thing ford says "• Super chargers" can do that damage. Good thing I have a Supercharger lol I dont drive Super Chargers hahaha

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
isn't P1000 just a readiness code and you have to drive a few hundred miles to clear it?

yup and if your motor is blown, you cant drive anywhere to clear it lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back