tuners change throttle response?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The Copperhead ECU also has two wideband O2 sensors, one for each bank, and can control air/fuel and spark trims on an individual cylinder basis. This is why the "Number 8 Issue" was confusing to me--tuners should have been able to slightly richen the mixture for cylinder 8 to keep it running cooler. Whether this was a result of ignorance, laziness, or incompetence is still unknown.

Individual cylinders can be fine tuned with Spanish Oak too. Nobody reads spark plugs anymore so it never gets used.

My understanding of the #8 problem is that tuners were commanding as much spark as a 3v and #8 was most succeptible to detonation.

I read of starting with a global +5 degrees, turning off the "too sensitive" knock sensors and going from there. Crazy. It's just another one of those things that Joe Blow tooners r us thinks he knows so much more than than Ford. Motors started popping and people blamed Ford. They were also pissed when Ford wouldn't warranty their tooned pile of scrap. Turns out MM doesn't cover being a dipshit. Despite what you read on forums.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back