Turbo 3v drag setup?

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
There's a few good deals out there right now on Dark Stars, so I'm trying to find the best combination for my car. I have an 06 Saleen S281,76mm turbo 5m,373 gears,McLeod RST, wotbox, cortex lca, watts link, and I occasionally take my car out for cruises, car shows or joy rides, not a daily driver. I don't want to have to run a relocation bracket, so looks like the best choice is a 15x8 & 275/60 Mt et street radial. I want to make a few solid passes at my power level before I forge it (hopefully next summer). I'm thinking about switching to 331 gears because it takes so long to build boost in first gear. I did a few datalog runs for Lito to finish my tune & ran a 12.7 @115 on 7psi, 2.2 60ft on 20in Michelin pilot ss, which are obviously not a good tire for the strip. I'm guessing my hp will go up some with the final tune. Considering what I have, and keeping in mind that I'm not looking to drag the car any more than a few times a year, what would you change or suggest for a tire, gear, etc? Thanks in advance.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
More info on the turbo? Specs?
Running a boost controller?
Assuming your on stock shortblock considering only at 7psi?

DRock

Reaction score
You mean a swaybar relocation or LCA relocation brackets?

CraigNnem

forum member
Reaction score
He means sway bar relocation kit.

Its a 20 min job to do, not hard at all.

He probably just doesn't want to cut on the car.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, yes, I meant rear sway bar relocation brackets. It's a 76mm TTIX Turbo kit sold be Granatelli. Running 9psi with a manual boost controller.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
And I couldn't run a sway bar relo bracket wroth the watts I'm told, that it interferes with it.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to run relocation brackets get a whiteline rear sway bar it mounts to the axle and will work with your watts. No need for the mount relocation brackets and cutting as it deletes those mounts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back