Turbo guys question

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks about your motor man
tell me about it, got the kit installed last thursday. didnt even last me a week. First engine ive ever blown. my heart dropped when i saw the smoke and heard the engine pieces falling on the road lol I was hoping i would wake up from a dream lol

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your problems but I have to ask why were you getting into boost when you knew you had some kind of problem? Mike does do good work and has installed many of these Hellion kits. He is also one of the best tuners on the east coast so I really doubt it was tune related.

Earl

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear about your problems but I have to ask why were you getting into boost when you knew you had some kind of problem? Mike does do good work and has installed many of these Hellion kits. He is also one of the best tuners on the east coast so I really doubt it was tune related.

Earl
yea i never pointed the issue to his tune, i have heard hes a really good tuner so i never blamed it on that, and yes he does awesome work and is good people.I got into boost because my dumbass thought it was just an exhaust leak and i wanted to see if it countinued to hesitate. I probably could have saved the block had i not gotten into boost. Should have never done that. You live you learn i guess.

any stock shortblocks for sale on the east coast anyone ? lol

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Stock engine, sometimes just dosent hold up to boost. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Been there done that.

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
Stock engine, sometimes just dosent hold up to boost. Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Been there done that.
Yeap some will hold for years without issue. Guess mine just wasnt one of them. I think ima just buy a used stock shortblock and put forged internals

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Damn man that really blows. I haven't heard of any blocks available. How many miles were on your car? Where did you get your fuel from?

I've put 20k on my turbo car with mike's tunes. I got it retuned last december by mike and thats when I went from 417 to 471hp. Its been about 14k since then. HOpe you can get back in a nice shortblock soon.

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
Damn man that really blows. I haven't heard of any blocks available. How many miles were on your car? Where did you get your fuel from?

I've put 20k on my turbo car with mike's tunes. I got it retuned last december by mike and thats when I went from 417 to 471hp. Its been about 14k since then. HOpe you can get back in a nice shortblock soon.
yea man it blows, i was about to hit u up to see if you had a chance sometime to help me install my wotbox too lol oh well..i was all worried about the clutch frying and being the first thing to go lol the motor was the least of my worries haha.I have 43k on the odometer, Got the turbo on with 43k and blew the engine with 43k and the last time i had filled up was at a shell gas station, never thought of that, but i could have gotten a bad batch. and Yea i also hope i can have a nice shortblock soon , maybe up the boost a little, its about the only postive thing thats keeping my head up right now lol

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Yeap some will hold for years without issue. Guess mine just wasnt one of them. I think ima just buy a used stock shortblock and put forged internals

You got my kind of luck, my old car had a perfect tune, and a rod just broke in half..don't worry man I know its a hassle and money nobody wants to spend. But when you decide to go boosted that's just a risk you take. Good luck and I hope you can find a block for a good price.

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
You got my kind of luck, my old car had a perfect tune, and a rod just broke in half..don't worry man I know its a hassle and money nobody wants to spend. But when you decide to go boosted that's just a risk you take. Good luck and I hope you can find a block for a good price.
yea, i would be the one to get this luck lol just look at jodajess, 20k on his stock block, taking it to the track and everything lol. You always seem to think it only happens to other people and wont happen to yourself, well atleast i did lol man was i wrong. but yea i understood there was risk, took the gamble and lost. Nothing to do but move forward, on the bright side, hopefully my new shortblock will be badass

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
I made it 40 miles on my stock shortblock and was doing the same as yours but I ended up finding out the culprit of mine...Goodluck

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
what was the culprit? I wish i woulda known, coulda saved to block

RRRoamer

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! Keep us updated with what you find during the tear-down!

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that! Keep us updated with what you find during the tear-down!

Ill definitely keep you guys updated on what we find during the teardown.Its gotta be bad as i found good size chunk of the block on the side of the road lol

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score

thats what my ticking noise sounded like, this was 1 week after i installed mine.....it was the #8 rod bent.....was causing the crank to hit the skirt on the piston.

emorale3

forum member
Reaction score

thats what my ticking noise sounded like, this was 1 week after i installed mine.....it was the #8 rod bent.....was causing the crank to hit the skirt on the piston.
That noise is pretty loud, mine wasnt that loud. When i opened the hood i couldnt hear it,the sound of the valve train and regular engine noise overpowered it. I could only hear it clearly with the hood closed or standing kinda at a distance, not directly over the hood. The sound from where i could hear it, came from the bottom of the block , around the oil pan, and i dont know about the piston order order #s but my block has hole on the passenger side of the motor.

ROUSH06GA

forum member
Reaction score
tell me about it, got the kit installed last thursday. didnt even last me a week. First engine ive ever blown. my heart dropped when i saw the smoke and heard the engine pieces falling on the road lol I was hoping i would wake up from a dream lol

same thing happen to me when I blew my engine back in august, had the kit on for one day and all of the sudden I see white smoke and pieces of the block all over the road. I was at 9psi making 445hp on mustang dyno. Now Im waiting till end of the year so I can find good deal on built shortblock. It sucks when I walk into my garage and see my car parked their and can't drive it!:ugh1:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
That video made me cringe. I would love a shortblock now too. I'd really rather have mine built to recoup some of the cost but I don't know if that is possible. If I look at it properly I could be very close to being in a short block right now if you add the 2k+ i just spent on gt500 stuff and then the extra 1k i'm about to spend on getting the tru trac +install.

Hey man you have my number if you need help right? If not I'll send it to you. I've only briefly looked for shortblocks but really like the Ford Racing Aluminator in the near stock compression ratio. That or maybe the JDM 302 stroker short block. You could just get the one they are having the special on with the old Mach 1 block but you'd have to keep your car at about 12psi for that one as its only rated to 600~2995 i belive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back