Twin Snail Build...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
As some of you know I have been installing a Twin Garrett "tuner" kit, But the cat is out of the bag and i figured I would start showing some progress..

I bought the kit for a steal being as the owner lost his car and just had the kit laying around... The kit is the full "hot side" meaning no intercooler piping, bov, or boost controller, But i just bought a bead roller and my buddy has a tig so it will be fun..

What we have done so far:

Removed Long tubes and installed Turbo manifolds...
Gt500 Fuel Pumps and Harness
Removed Fan, steering fluid and anti freeze and relocated them...
Removed Washer Fuild
Battery Relocation
Pcm relocation

Wiring has been the most time consuming SOB, along with waiting for parts... Only thing I am waiting on now is a Tial BOV...

Prices so far:

TT Kit: $2000 (turbos, lines, manifolds, down pipes, injectors, ect)
Spark Plugs HT0: $35shipped
Mishimoto Front mount (1,400cfms): $168
Battery Relocation: $30
GT500 Pumps: $310
Deka EXT 14: $60
Intercooler piping 2.5in-3.0inch : $140
BA5000 MAF: $215
BEP Marine Stud: $20
Steel (Sheets, Piping): $30
2 Slim line Fans: $25
High temp piping and adapters for coolant ect: $30
TIAL BOV With Flange $209

11411f16.jpg

23f661de.jpg

8c86addf.jpg

P1030246.jpg

P1030272.jpg

My internet is being slow I will update tomorrow... :chainsaw:

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like how Garret made it work with the stock fuse box location. Keep us posted!

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
turbo

well now you should get into the 12's lol you had just about every bolt on made last year and didnt get 12's . i met you at lebanon. i have the redfire gt ! good luck with the build it looks mean !! maybe you can keep up this year .

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
interesting placement of the turbos, front and back, will keep an eye on this build.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
I like how Garret made it work with the stock fuse box location. Keep us posted!

dam I have the Matt D interested in my thread lol... Yea fuse box is fine but the ecu is bugging us so we are chopping it up will post pictures today...

well now you should get into the 12's lol you had just about every bolt on made last year and didnt get 12's . i met you at lebanon. i have the redfire gt ! good luck with the build it looks mean !! maybe you can keep up this year .

haha I am hoping for a little better then 12's lol! Last time I went to Lebanon I blew my clutch made a 49mph pass at 18sec lol...

interesting placement of the turbos, front and back, will keep an eye on this build.

I thought it really set it off from other builds... I was suprised as hell how tight it was though... Alot of wiring, and misc things had to be and have to be moved...

I am doing 2.5inch intercooler piping from each turbo into one 3inch elbow into the intercooler then 3inch out all the way up to the throttle body... The filter on each turbo will be extended with a piece of 3inch piping also...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
for the battery relocation we used a marine boat stud with a cover made by bep... Here's a picture..

ce2d10f7.jpg

48a9b90e.jpg

here is a picture of the new and improved ecu bracket...
2b62d61f.jpg

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
looks great, love the shot of the 'hard working wrench turner' with the multi-meter, you can almost see him thinking blacks negative right?

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Subscribing..Looking good!!

Looks pretty cool, good luck!

Thanks Guys I am really proud of how it has come together so far. We are doing alot of unnessicary little things (extending and hiding wires and making everything NEAT) just to give it some more appeal. Some of those things are taking forever.

lookin good, MORE PICTURES!!

Man you gave me the insperation to get this going lol... I read through your write up many times and still reffer back.. Thanks for helping me find those items lol..

Interesting turbo location. Pretty cool build.

Yea we had to make room for the turbo by moving the battery, wiring harness to a degree and chopping up and rerouting the wiring... All in all a pain but well worth the look.. Its nicely tucked back there...

looks great, love the shot of the 'hard working wrench turner' with the multi-meter, you can almost see him thinking blacks negative right?

Ha He is the brains behind the whole operation lol... I am the mindless goon of a wrench turner that does as he directs lol...

I have been having issues when it comes to photos... Half of which I have taken with my Iphone so far but I promise to get in Nice with my DSLR this week...:thumb2: Make it shine.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats gonna be sweet! Way to keep us posted! that was an awesome find you got!

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
Thats gonna be sweet! Way to keep us posted! that was an awesome find you got!

yea man I got very lucky otherwise I wouldn't have spent the cash...

Man your stang is gonna be a beast! I'm glad i can help ur build by buying your headers lol.

thanks man I kno you have a build of your own going on too I hope all goes well!!! I wish I could have kept my long tubes but in the end they had to go and you did help me out... I hope I don't lose any sound though...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
you will for sure,one thing i really hated about the turbo, its like having another set of mufflers on the car!

Maybe I will take out my Glass Packs that came with the Side Pipes then....
Ughhhh

Well I will Walk you guys through how we did the Relocation... I like the way it looks personally...

This is the Mess I was left with....

P1030248.jpg

So we split the loom and cut off all the connectors...

P1030251.jpg

Those are for my bottom lights but we tapped those directly into the fuse box... To minimize wires all around....

P1030253.jpg

Drilled one hole then mounted this BEP MARINE STUD BRACKET. Drilled all the other holes through it as you can see to make sure they were on spot...

P1030265.jpg

Split the wire and used Copper connectors filled with solder then heat shrinked wrap onto the wires.

P1030302.jpg

We then threw everything on and tightened them down and added clear RTV to make sure nothing cam undone...

P1030313.jpg

The ground I dont know if you can see, we filed down the paint on one of the existing holes and just ran a bolt with a large washer for a larger contact area....

BTW this is how we made it into the engine bay from the passenger side kick panel:
P1030247.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back