Twin Snail Build...

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
This is what I have for 2.5 intercooler piping so far we have the same in 3inch... Nothing is made to fit yet... It is all untouched we are doing piping last... Not using the BLUE couplers so if anyone wants them....

P1030223.jpg

This is how the ECU is going to mount... The ECU bracket is all done I just have to get it powder coated....

dfcc4fba.jpg

P1030295.jpg

Dont judge me... My bum ass gettin the gt500 pump in... Why couldnt ford just move the location back a few inches so it lined up with the tank hole?????
P1030288.jpg

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess it's a blow through maf set up with the twins. Does a small filter just go on the turbo where the battery use to be? Looking really good though!

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
I guess it's a blow through maf set up with the twins. Does a small filter just go on the turbo where the battery use to be? Looking really good though!

We are putting the maf ba5000 right around the same location... As for the filter we are actually going to route it around front to were my hood scoops are... Make then functional.. I don't want to give it away to much but it should look sick.. We are not just throwing filters in... Too much heat too close to the turbos..

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it depends on how much boost but I would start at .028" - .032" as a start. I am running mine at .028" with 21 psi. and no spark blow out.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
lol

with all the money you are spending. i hope you saved enough for your driver mod! lol j/k
hope to see you up at lebanon this year . i cant wait to see it run!

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
it depends on how much boost but I would start at .028" - .032" as a start. I am running mine at .028" with 21 psi. and no spark blow out.

I think I am going to start at 5 psi see were that puts me then bump it to 8-10 possibly... What do you guys reccomend I don't know how much I am going to be make because I am running hot rod cams... Buddy of mine made 480 with a whipple at 8psi with the hotrods I believe.. He can chime in if he's out there and wants...

with all the money you are spending. i hope you saved enough for your driver mod! lol j/k
hope to see you up at lebanon this year . i cant wait to see it run!

ha ha ha funny guy. I just need some practice.... I do need wider tires and suspension now though... May do poly bushings all around while the roads are still salty...

Up to what boost level "may" I be safe??? I am saying I am going to start at 5psi because the kit "says" it's rated for 550 at 5psi... Who knows how true that is?
But I do have a few supporting mods... Udps, straight pipes, delete plates and the bot rod cams...

-Joe

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Up to what boost level "may" I be safe??? I am saying I am going to start at 5psi because the kit "says" it's rated for 550 at 5psi... Who knows how true that is?
But I do have a few supporting mods... Udps, straight pipes, delete plates and the bot rod cams...

-Joe

my rule of thumb has been 10psi or 450 rwhp on stock block....bent a rod aat 446 so go figure,lol,but i was running the car just way too hard and not letting it cool down.10psi should get you in the 450 rwhp range.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
my rule of thumb has been 10psi or 450 rwhp on stock block....bent a rod aat 446 so go figure,lol,but i was running the car just way too hard and not letting it cool down.10psi should get you in the 450 rwhp range.

Oh I will not be happy with 450 wheel at 10psi lol... I was hoping for that at 5-6 lol...

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
It all comes down to nothing is safe compared to stock. It's all a chance. In reality though, 500 rwhp is fine on a stock motor with a good tune and good fuel.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
All this cutting & chopping & re-wiring & relocating & re-routing & gapping.......such a bitch. That "550 @ 5 psi is bullshit too. I have called them out on it several times. My turbos are better and I made 477 at 8 psi on 10 degrees of timing. Plus, we never gapped the plugs. Took the Brisks out of the box and screwed them into the heads. If you want it safe then go with 5-8 psi and sneak up on the timing. Hell...anything over 500 hp can't be used fully on the street. Great at the track but useless around town.

1BADHRSE

forum member
Reaction score
It all comes down to nothing is safe compared to stock. It's all a chance. In reality though, 500 rwhp is fine on a stock motor with a good tune and good fuel.

I just need my motor to last through summer and fall cause next winter I am going to build her for some boost... guess its best to let the tuner do what he is comfortable with then...

All this cutting & chopping & re-wiring & relocating & re-routing & gapping.......such a bitch. Great at the track but useless around town.

I dont mind all the chopping and tucking a moving cause it will look much different in the end and also because the roads around me will be salted over until March... So there is plenty of time for the car to hang out and be worked on...
I also hear what your saying about more then 500 being useless on the road...

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I just need my motor to last through summer and fall cause next winter I am going to build her for some boost... guess its best to let the tuner do what he is comfortable with then...

I've been running 500+ rwhp for almost a year with countless street miles, track passes, and beating the piss out of it, etc.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back