UMI Performance 2011 GT Strut Tower Brace

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sam Strano from Strano Performance parts brought his 2011 GT to the shop over the weekend for a few things. While it was here we test fitted our strut tower brace and it cleared perfect with the 5.0 with no clearance issues what so ever. We are well aware that the car comes with a strut tower brace, but this might interest someone looking for a different look.

I apologize for the picture quality, I forgot my camera that day and had to use my phone.

Here is a link to the strut tower brace- 2005-2011 Ford Mustang GT Front Strut Tower Brace [1005] - $169.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan

1005ah_LRG.jpg

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Would you be so kind to explain to me how any force is applied to the end of the shock tower exactly in line with that brace?

Of course if it is just for dress up don't bother.

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
Wow....

I've used this brace on my old car, an '07 GT. Let me assure you that it works as well as any other I've run with. The difference in steering response and feel was noticeable, especially on race tires.

I am quite sure I put more load into the towers than most anyone else. I'm wondering how many of you guys have Hoosiers and see 1.2g in corners?

UMI Performance

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow....

I've used this brace on my old car, an '07 GT. Let me assure you that it works as well as any other I've run with. The difference in steering response and feel was noticeable, especially on race tires.

I am quite sure I put more load into the towers than most anyone else. I'm wondering how many of you guys have Hoosiers and see 1.2g in corners?

Sam,

Thanks for the post and you are correct, no street vehicle is going to apply those g's to it. This is why we test our items on track cars...

We actually designed this brace back in 06 and it was tested then, the design has not changed, it just now fits the 2011 5.0L. For the build, it is built from DOM 1.250" tubing, 4140 chrome moly tube adapters and chrome moly rod eyes. The mounts are machined from .250" thick mild steel and the entire assembly is TIG welded together..

Eventually we will be designing some other versions for different looks... but strength of this item is not an issue.

Thank you,
Ryan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back