Under $500 head unit

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
So i'm looking for a replacement head unit for my Shaker 500, specifically with Navigation and Bluetooth. Do any good ones exist? Im not having much luck on Amazon.com

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Yes. Clarion has one. Works much better than the internal. I added a cheap rear camera and it is actually very nice.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Those cheap rear view cameras dont last. I tried several ones from Ebay and amazon and they all crap out. At least in a 4 season state.

Went with the full Alpine frame and camera with built in lic. Plate led lights.

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
Kenwood

I have a Kenwood Dnx 7100 built in navigation player double din real nice I can sell for $375 shipped !

Last edited:

bcb06gt

Reaction score
Those cheap rear view cameras dont last. I tried several ones from Ebay and amazon and they all crap out. At least in a 4 season state.

Went with the full Alpine frame and camera with built in lic. Plate led lights.

I'm in a 2 season state. There is no real winter. Summer is about 5 months.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I don't mind the heat...but back to topic, the Parrot Asteroid is a great unit. Android base and can really look oem. It's super clean because it has no buttons or media slot. It use to have small kinks but with the latest updates all of it is ironed out.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I don't mind the heat...but back to topic, the Parrot Asteroid is a great unit. Android base and can really look oem. It's super clean because it has no buttons or media slot. It use to have small kinks but with the latest updates all of it is ironed out.

Can you post some pics? I've been dying to get BT and Nav in my car, and the Parrot has been one of my top choices. I haven't seen enough pics to really sway me though. Looking for the most OEM look without breaking the bank.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love almost everything I've read about this unit except the OS is so old. That worries me a little. Not sure if I should care as long as I can run Waze, Pandora (rooted), BT and handsfree.

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
For just a little more check out the pioneer 4000 nex. Love mine. Think I got it for $520. Carplay coming soon if you have iphone. Also has app radio which allows you to use waze, pandora, dash command, etc.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
You dont need to be rooted to run pandora and waze, its available in the Astroid Market.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I like that Parrot Asteroid unit after Googling it. May swap that into my Bullitt... how easy is it to install a new HU? I've never done it.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Do you need all the extra harnesses listed on Crutchfield? They have about 4 different harnesses listed as extra. I've got a Shaker 500 in my car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back