UPDATE FINALLY!!!!! Weld RT Series wheels....(I will add this to the Sticky asap)

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally a black drag rim. I would try to do something with the bolts on the outer diameter.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Yeah, if they were welded, it would look awesome...but, I like the bolts in a way too...

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
So does anyone have these rims ordered and installed on the car in the non painted version? Has anyone been daily driving them for a while? Whats performance like?

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
rims

So does anyone have these rims ordered and installed on the car in the non painted version? Has anyone been daily driving them for a while? Whats performance like?

Rims & wheels work great,everyone likes them alot.Personally i am not a wheel & rim guy.
No spacers needed.
You must remove or bend the bracket up that would hold your rear sway bar,no big deal.When balancing the wheel,the wheel weights(if stick on ones) must go on the inner lip of the rim & use foil tape to help hold them on.
Here is a pic,let me know if you need more info.

Attachments

• Mustang wheels upapri2609bk1_144.JPG
    Mustang wheels upapri2609bk1_144.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 77

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
And you can Daily Drive on these rims? Whats tires are you running? Do you have any pictures of the car just sitting on the rims?

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rims & wheels work great,everyone likes them alot.Personally i am not a wheel & rim guy.
No spacers needed.
You must remove or bend the bracket up that would hold your rear sway bar,no big deal.When balancing the wheel,the wheel weights(if stick on ones) must go on the inner lip of the rim & use foil tape to help hold them on.
Here is a pic,let me know if you need more info.

What year of car is this on? Others have had luck with the Jegs wheels but I tried them on my 05 & they hit the calipers. The calipers have changed over the years & even in the same years. I would hate to buy them & find they do not fit. Thanks.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Those would look great on my car . I have to have some. They look tough, not no sissy looking wheels. How do I get them?

GI Joe

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing some more pics close up on some cars with these wheels...

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
rims

And you can Daily Drive on these rims? Whats tires are you running? Do you have any pictures of the car just sitting on the rims?

Yes,the rims are DOT approved,tires are MT ET drag 15x10x28.
You should never put the rims on the car without the tires & lower it on the ground!!!

Attachments

• 2005 Mustang Weld rim front 001.jpg
    2005 Mustang Weld rim front 001.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 52

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Hey Born, anyway you could snap a couple of pics of where the weights are placed?

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
rims

What year of car is this on? Others have had luck with the Jegs wheels but I tried them on my 05 & they hit the calipers. The calipers have changed over the years & even in the same years. I would hate to buy them & find they do not fit. Thanks.

Its an 2005 GT.On the front the clearance to the caliper is 3 sheets of paper thick.The rears are not as bad.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rims

Its an 2005 GT.On the front the clearance to the caliper is 3 sheets of paper thick.The rears are not as bad.

Let me clarify,i did have to remove the plastic dust cover on the rear shocks & the metal do hicky thing spot welded to the frame behind the rear tire,i think its for flat bed towing tie offs??
Nothing serious,it was all dead weight anyway.
I will get some pics up Thursady,had tooth out today & the perkasettylonol3advil are starting to kick ins,seeya.

ILW84U

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let me clarify,i did have to remove the plastic dust cover on the rear shocks & the metal do hicky thing spot welded to the frame behind the rear tire,i think its for flat bed towing tie offs??
I will get some pics up Thursady,had tooth out today & the perkasettylonol3advil are starting to kick ins,seeya.

That would be great. Thanks.

GI Joe

Reaction score

lol...get well..!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back