Upgrading to LED bulbs for taillights.

Matt Norris

Reaction score
I have a 05 GT with plug and play sequential adapter. I have a bulb out and want to upgrade to LED bulbs. Can that be done with the American muscle plug-and-play sequential harness, or do I need to buy the $269 one from CJ? Ii that is the the case, for that price I think I would just upgraded to raxiom tail lights.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Nice 1st post...>.<

I believe you answered your own ?...go Raxiom vs. fighting w/various bulb/resistor combinations (IMO).

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Raxiom is over priced garbage. It will start failing or pealing and fading just after the warranty runs out.
It is a shame, I'd have a set on mine if they weren't trash.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed. Their leds, for example, are way overpriced. I have them in my dome light on my 07 and not too long after I installed them the passenger side led started flickering randomly. Even my ebay specials dont flicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nfrizell

Reaction score
I went with lasfit on my 14 focus with fogs. About $250 spent on the whole car. Every incandescent replaced with led. No hyperflash or errors. Super bright.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Matt Norris,

Check out Diode Dynamics for bulbs. I just ordered 4 (reverse lights) for my '12. Should be delivered this week.

Chris

07 Boss

Reaction score
I've always used superbrightleds.com for auto and home. Their automotive replacements should all have built in resisters to mimic regular bulbs.

Disarray

Reaction score
I use diodedynamics.com bulbs, and added my own resistors to the AM sequential harness. The raxiom LEDs were prone to failure, I found. The only thing is, you may have to add resistors to both the turn signal circuit AND the running light circuit, for 4 total resistors (two per tail light). Try one side first with just the turn signal wire before putting everything back together to see. It seems this varies based on the brand bulbs you use. I had the regular old sequential harness, and then added the raxiom LED kit on top of it. With the raxiom bulbs, I needed a resistor for both circuits in the bulb. You may not need this if you get a different brand bulb.

08MustangDude

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I have a 05 GT with plug and play sequential adapter. I have a bulb out and want to upgrade to LED bulbs. Can that be done with the American muscle plug-and-play sequential harness, or do I need to buy the $269 one from CJ? Ii that is the the case, for that price I think I would just upgraded to raxiom tail lights.

Try the SYLVANIA ones from Walmart. They work fine in my '08. I also have
been using them in my Volkswakens for the past 5 years, spanning four Jetta
MK6 vehicles; SAME LEDs. On top of that, add 8+ hours of night driving 4-days
a week. I have yet to replace one of them. If they don't work, you can take them
right back to Walmart, no harm no foul. They're $14.88 a pair:
SYLVANIA_046135327131Primary.jpeg

These are the ones I am using in my '08 rear tails.

Using Amber ones in the front signals.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Interesting IRT Raxiom haters...I've run them in my former '06 Colorado, Gen5 in the Bullitt f/two years & now Gen7 in the Bullitt w/o one issue. They looked like new and never failed. Maybe it's just me, but can't say they're 100% junk...

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Not a Raciom hater but an AM hater here.

I would love to install a set of Raxiom Gen5 taillights. But I know first hand how much those cost AM, how much AM marks them up, and how high the warranty return rate was a couple of years ago. No thanks,

07 Boss

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with my Gen V Raxiom tail lights. I have replaced them due to an accident but never had a failure with two sets. And they look cool.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had an issue with my Gen V Raxiom tail lights. I have replaced them due to an accident but never had a failure with two sets. And they look cool.
How long have you had them?

07 Boss

Reaction score
How long have you had them?

I had the first set 2-3 years. My wreck was last summer so it's been about another year on the second set. I thin I actually still have at least one side, not sure if I still have the old passenger side one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back