Upright compressor isolator/mounting pads - where to buy??

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 60 gallon, 6HP upright compressor and have searched unsuccessfully in trying to locate some type of decent rubber/sound isolator pads to reduce the vibation/noise when it is running. I purposely designed one of my gaarges to have a small/insulated room for the compressor, but the vibration through the floor is annoying.

Any ideas on where I might find some rubber feet for this thing?? It would be nice to find something that has a mounting stud/bolt as I could attach it directly to the holes in the 3 legs.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I could not find them when I looked either. I used rubber conveyor belts cut into 24" pieces. And then bolted the compressor through them. It worked good and was free.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
have you thought of building some thing for it

i would get some old tires and put them on the ground then put some 3/4" ply wood over it but then agian im cheap

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about building something... but I am sure there something out there made for this type of application. I will keep looking around and worse case, rig something up.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Our back up has these 8" rubber pads under each foot, that are in turn bolt to a pallet. I'll see if I can track down where they came from :beer:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome... think I will go with 3 of these http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PARTPG=N2LMSI&PMXREF=Y&PMPXNO=5368259

8680331-11.jpg

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 5hp, 80 gallon compressor is just sitting on three 1/2" pieces of rubber that I cut out of some conveyor belting from work. I have had sitting it on them since the compresssor was new and have never had it walk or move. Instead of spending $56 on the link that SD posted, go to your local asphalt paving contractor and they will probably be willing to cut a used piece of belt for free and it will be almost the same thing.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. My computer did not like it earlier. That mat seems like a much better idea.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Works for mine. I've also got it laid out in front of both workbenches. Takes a lot of stress off your feet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back