Using LED's in outside lights

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I've been working around the house getting it looking good and getting it ready for a party in August. My son in Afghanistan will be back home, yes!.

Well, some of the outside lights were not working and when I looked at the bulbs it took, I said it's the same as a 194 bulb. I went on Ebay to see if I could get the same type bulb and saw some post with the cheaper LED lights like I sell. I got to thinking then and took one of my LEDs that is used in the dome lights and test it in the lights. It works, the low voltage system is why it works.

So after replacing some of the bulbs, the lights came out looking better and also had more light. I used the 5 LEDs per bulb, now I wish I used the 9 LED per bulb. That's an easy fix to change them. I didn't take a before picture, but trust me that look a lot better.

Outside light

Stock bulb

5 pad LED bulb

LED bulb, looks great

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Nicely done, I didn't think you could use the LED's in the bulb based landscape lights... good to know!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I've been using LEDs for my coach lights. For some reason they kept blowing Halogen bulbs. I'm thinking that my garage sockets were on the same breaker and when I would blow the breaker in the garage it would blow the bulbs. Anyways, ever since I swapped to LED bulbs I haven't had a problem. I also have some solar powered LED lights like those. Only problem is the quality of them is horrible.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Here are the lights in the front yard that I replace with the 5 led bulbs. I have moved the lights away from the palms and they look better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back