V6 2007 crank with popping but no start

Danny

Reaction score
When I was driving on the freeway the car turned off and wouldn’t turn on. Now the car just turning without starting. When got crank it the car starts to pop like if it’s about to turn on but doesn’t. I changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, crank and cam position sensor. Yes I did check all the fuses inside the of the car and the outside and even switched all of them around. I took the battery to auto zone and they told me it was a good battery with 100% charge. It’s full of gas too. I did the antitheft thing too by leaving the key turned for 10 minutes. It’s been a headache and a money pit, idk what the problem can be.

Danny

Reaction score
I changed them out with spark plug wires, im going to buy a maf sensor because the intake is making the loud pop noises

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Have you verified spark and fuel pressure?

Fwiw, popping through the intake could be from a timing issue. How many miles are on the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny

Reaction score
I was trying to check the fuel pressure but I guess s197 don’t have a valve to check it and I changed the sparks n the plug wires, the miles are around 110-120k

tuckersabeast

Reaction score
I don't know if you ended up getting this one solved, but I had the same problem recently, cranked well and didn't start.
Remove the intake hose and try cranking it and spraying brake clean or a starting fluid down the throttle body. If it starts running then its fuel related. Mine was yours might not.
If it was and you tried the fuel pump and filter you must think it's fuel related. I had to put my spare on and damaged the control pack for the fuel pump in the spare tire well when I put the tire back in. I'd double check for voltage and ground coming and going to the fuel pump.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back