V6 Upgrades Opinions

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I met the owner of a supercharged 2010 V6 Mustang at a track day. He claimed to have about 350 HP to the wheels and the car moved pretty well for a V6. He did have quite a few modifications though. Intake, supercharger, headers, high flow cats, exhaust, custom tune, etc... He also had some suspension and brake upgrades. By the time he was done, he probably could have bought a G, but he was paying much less in insurance than he would on a GT.

Sounds about right. My sixxer was pretty cool. Even a lot of the V8 guys I hung with gave it respect. It was able to hang with or beat most 3 valves that were midly modded (intake, tune, exhaust). The torque curve from the Eaton MP90 was just awesome. The best part was that the only mod you could see was the dual exhaust conversion...otherwise it was a total sleeper. When I floored it all that you can hear was the blower whine! weeeeeh!

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to the GT owners on here who gave positive feedback to this post. Not often guys give answers to V6 questions without giving the answer of "buy a GT" and providing nothing else.......shows character.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to the GT owners on here who gave positive feedback to this post. Not often guys give answers to V6 questions without giving the answer of "buy a GT" and providing nothing else.......shows character.

Funny that :whistling:

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
Funny that :whistling:

I will admit I'm wrong.......but my prejudice is based completly off the fact that us Sixers get mocked anytime we utter the word "performace" by some members of this Forum

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
well...you know the solution, right?
j/k, i'll stop there ;)

...as I'm looking at picking up a turbocharged 4.0, if things can go through...

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
By the time he was done, he probably could have bought a G, but he was paying much less in insurance than he would on a GT.

i had a 2011 v6 and just traded in for a 11 5.0. my insurance went up 13 bucks a month for full coverage and everything else. oh and im 22 :D

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
i had a 2011 v6 and just traded in for a 11 5.0. my insurance went up 13 bucks a month for full coverage and everything else. oh and im 22 :D

Same age and mine went up about 42 bucks a month....Jersey sucks...

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I will admit I'm wrong.......but my prejudice is based completly off the fact that us Sixers get mocked anytime we utter the word "performace" by some members of this Forum

A lot of other forums I have been on say that sort of stuff but for the most part here when you talk about performance mods people step up and help, just the type of people here and the fact that the people here are more about the tech side and performance gains as apposed to what color should I get.

Same age and mine went up about 42 bucks a month....Jersey sucks...
3k differance a year for a GT at 20 ... New York Sucks

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back