Vacuum leak?

Maka

Reaction score
What's the most common leak on a 3v 4.6. I believe I got a massive vacuum leak. I've tried spraying starting fluid around the intake manifold with no luck

Maka

Reaction score
Really rough idle, stalling, running lean under load.

07 Boss

Reaction score
That could be many things causing those symptoms. How does it run once you get going and the engine speed is up? Vacuum leaks will tend to be more noticeable during idle. As the volume of air entering the motor increases the leak should be less noticeable. Also vacuum leaks can be internal. A bad EGR valve or bad PVC valve can cause vacuum leak like signs. A bad brake booster can do the same thing. If you can't find anything externally with the vacuum lines I would start looking at fuel delivery or ignition possibilities too.

You can try and use smoke to find a leak. At least before the fans turn on. I usually blow a thick cloud of smoke into the engine bay and see if it gets drawn in anywhere.

Maka

Reaction score
check engine light hasn't came back on. It was last throwing p0446 for an evap circuit I went through everything and all that checked out fine.

Maka

Reaction score
Intake manifold was fine.

Last edited:

Maka

Reaction score
Final update since most people don't update their threads. It was the tune... Running way better now no more Evap code

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back