Vista Password Reset

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Would anyone have the software to be able to reset the password on a laptop using Windows Vista? Vista sucks, I know.

The short story here is brother-in-law drinking a beer spilled it on the key board and some keys don't work. It was the wife laptop too, LOL. Yeah he got an ear full and bought her a new laptop. I'm trying to get into it to save the mp3 songs, but can't get passed the password login.

I've try some of the stuff on the web too and it doesn't help.

Ed

MSgt46270

Reaction score
The keyboard didn't work. I've been downloading all kinds of programs to reset the password and no luck. One did get me to where I could install a new password, but the computer gave me an error. Man Windows vista really sucks.

Thanks, but this was no help either http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/wi...windows/?p=639.

What I need is a vista boot disk.

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
use the vista OS install disk... you can reset it with that... also. you could remove the hard drive and get a 2.5 HDD enclosure and save anything you need from it then

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Got it working. Took the computer to work and the other supervisor said I just need to let the computer install the drivers for the keyboard. I waited and it worked.

BCP

forum member
Reaction score
MS has a new version of ERD Commander that works with Vista, and Windows 7 if you use the Win7 disc when you create the ERD ISO. MS changed the name to Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (MDRT), which is currently at v6.0. Its not available to the general public, but can be found hiding on the internet.

Glad to hear you got yours working.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ed did not need to re-install the o/s. It was the actual keys on the laptop that were not functioning.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back