VMP TVS GT500 blower, pulley won't fit over snout?

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Trying to get this install finished up when I realized the included pulley does not fit over the snout. I'm assuming if is supposed to slip right over it, but it catches on the tip. Anyone else have this issue? I suppose I should contact VMP?

de31da8f.jpg
152cdbfa.jpg
b7d551d0.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like he gave you a standard pulley but that snout is for the quick change setup.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
Does the pulley have the 6 bolt holes in the end of it where you can bolt it up to the quick change hub?? If it does it is the ring type (correct) and not the press on.

I put the new 2.4" on my car a couple of weeks ago (I have the IC pulley system also, not the press on) and I had the same problem. I just got a torch and heated the pulley ring a little bit and it slid right on.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Does the pulley have the 6 bolt holes in the end of it where you can bolt it up to the quick change hub?? If it does it is the ring type (correct) and not the press on.

I put the new 2.4" on my car a couple of weeks ago (I have the IC pulley system also, not the press on) and I had the same problem. I just got a torch and heated the pulley ring a little bit and it slid right on.

It does, actually. I assumed it would slide right on. I'll have to try again.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Ugh. I was about to pull the trigger on a TVS and they shot up in price. Thanks, Ford.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ugh. I was about to pull the trigger on a TVS and they shot up in price. Thanks, Ford.

2013 TVS is the same thing as the VMP now, same porting etc, and about $1000 less expensive.

GT500Steve

Seriously Boosted
Reaction score
They are similar, unless of course if you get the interchangable pulley system on the VMP. However, they did lower the price on the VMP blowers last week. Combine that with Ford raising the price on the 2013 unit and it is a lot closer price point than it was originally.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The 2013 TVS is still a gip o cash now. $2700 with plenum.

Does the VMP outperform the Ford 13 oem?

no it does not. Both systems can run as low as a 2.4 pulley now.

They are similar, unless of course if you get the interchangable pulley system on the VMP. However, they did lower the price on the VMP blowers last week. Combine that with Ford raising the price on the 2013 unit and it is a lot closer price point than it was originally.

Their website still reflects their $3499 pricing.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Awesome! I didnt know they made a oem fit one. I almost turned my snout on an extra sc I had. Polished version too! :D

Im gonna order one next paycheck!

What numbers are people seeing with the 13 GT500 sc?

Thanks and sorry to take this off topic

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome! I didnt know they made a oem fit one. I almost turned my snout on an extra sc I had. Polished version too! :D

Im gonna order one next paycheck!

What numbers are people seeing with the 13 GT500 sc?

Thanks and sorry to take this off topic

We installed one on a 2011 GT500, with the 2.7 pulley that came on it stock, with a Lund tune, the car put down 655hp.

Stock manifolds too. Just a lethal X pipe and an axle back. He also has a CJ 65 TB, with a JLT 127 CAI, stock injectors and fuel pumps, no bap.

If he wants to pulley it down though, he's going to need injectors though.

I'll bet a set of headers, fuel mods and a 2.4 pulley, it'll go near 700. But I think he's just gonna do a 15% lower.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping to get in the mid 700s with the 13 sc and the pulley.

Thanks for ht einfo. Seems like minor/moderate gain for $3000

Im at 553 now and all that money and get only 100hp or so

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Damn I was hoping to get in the mid 700s with the 13 sc and the pulley.

Thanks for ht einfo. Seems like minor/moderate gain for $3000

Im at 553 now and all that money and get only 100hp or so

If you want mid 700s, you're not doing it with a TVS with just an upper pulley.

If you want mid 700s, you need a whipple 2.9 or a kb 2.8.

You could get over 720 with a TVS but you need an upper and a lower, to spin that blower to high hell and most likely need race gas.

I made 774 with my whipple 2.9 on pump 93 with only 18.5 psi

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back