Waterless Wash and Rinse Recommendations

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Hey gentlemen, I am looking for some recommendations for a waterless wash and rinse. There is a lot of products out there but I want to know what works for you so I can follow suit.

I need one that will remove light to moderate dust, dirt and road grime. One that I can use in the sun if I have to since I don't have a garage right now. One that would protect the paint also since I might now have time to wax it.

I will be taking the car to the car wash to pressure wash the heavy soiling before I use waterless wash.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I use ONR. VERY happy with it. I pour in 1.5 0zs in a 2 gallon bucket of water and presoak about a dozen microfibers with it. Then I put 1 0z of ONR in my pump spray bottle to spray down and prelube each panel. Then I grab a microfiber from the bucket, wring it out, fold it in fours, go one direction, stop, flip the cloth, wipe from one direction, flip etc. The lubricity of ONR is awesome. I never have an issue with scratching.

autogeek_2269_36124608

a5a5yru3.jpg

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I really need to get one of those sprayers. Is ONR a reasonable price? If I got a 16oz bottle it should last me at least 9-11 washes. Does it streak when used under sunlight? I live in apartment so that is a bigger factor for me.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I really need to get one of those sprayers. Is ONR a reasonable price? If I got a 16oz bottle it should last me at least 9-11 washes. Does it streak when used under sunlight? I live in apartment so that is a bigger factor for me.

I get the 32 oz bottle for about 16 bucks. It lasts me quite a while even though I use it once a week. As far as streaking it's minimal. Unlike a soap this stuff is more like a very slick detailing solution. A quick buff with a towel and it wipes right off. Since your doing this outside I recommend either early in the morning or later in the evening when the sun goes down will make things a lot easier. I usually follow up with Blackfire detail spray.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That's for the concentrate? that's way cheaper than CG's Ecowash. Yes, I definitely with use a QD after, such as my V7. I'll be able to apply carnauba wax once I get a garage.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have been using Poorboy's World Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash since Jul 2006--no issues.

28ONE

Reaction score
That's for the concentrate? that's way cheaper than CG's Ecowash. Yes, I definitely with use a QD after, such as my V7. I'll be able to apply carnauba wax once I get a garage.

You really should look into coating your 15' Ryan - especially since its new - maintenance is a breeze for coated cars...

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
You really should look into coating your 15' Ryan - especially since its new - maintenance is a breeze for coated cars...

Even though this may be a dumb question, I am going to chime in here and ask...what do you mean by coating?

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

James, I've been wanting to but I just haven't had the extra funds to do so. I will soon so I should start looking into it. Which do you recommend?

28ONE

Reaction score
Even though this may be a dumb question, I am going to chime in here and ask...what do you mean by coating?

Here you go Chip
http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-crystal-coat-paint-coating.html

James, I've been wanting to but I just haven't had the extra funds to do so. I will soon so I should start looking into it. Which do you recommend?

They're all pretty close in comparison now. I just applied Blackfire Crystal Coat to my wife's 15 MDX. Pretty glossy but time will tell as for durability...

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic
Polish Angel Viking Coat
Cquartz UK
Pinnacle Black Label
Optimum GlossCoat
CAR Bullet Proof

As you can see, I've listed some but there are quite a few more. Only thing is once you apply the coating, gonna need to keep it in a garage out of the elements for at least 12hrs. Heck you should have Stephen help out, he needs his stang coated too...

As for waterless washes Meguiar's D114 and D115 are great and you can use them in the sun - you would definitely have to dilute them even more - especially dealing with that Texas heat...

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score

A coating is essentially long term protection on your paint. Coatings usually last a year plus at full potential. They usually have a real glossy/shiny appearance, very hydrophobic, and also scratch resistant.

I am pretty confident that James will say Polish Angel but Carpro CQuartz UK is also a great coating.

I really like Ultima Waterless Wash + as a waterless wash. Here is a great video for a good waterless wash method. Ignore his sales pitch and what not but the method he uses is probably the over all safest way to waterless wash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kY_S-fkgrE

Last edited:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Croftgate is one that i use, all it takes is 1 cap of wash & wax cleaner to one gal of water. you use two micro fiber towels , one to apply to product and one to dry it after. just go to you tube video and watch how it's done. really very easy to do. You can also use the AquaNil-x to clean the car. still use the two micro fiber towels, but this time it's just spray on and wipe off. For wheels and tires i like the wheel and tire shine.. just go to you tube and watch videos of the use of product, no camera tricks! this stuff really works..

Last edited:

28ONE

Reaction score
A coating is essentially long term protection on your paint. Coatings usually last a year plus at full potential. They usually have a real glossy/shiny appearance, very hydrophobic, and also scratch resistant.

I am pretty confident that James will say Polish Angel but Carpro CQuartz UK is also a great coating.

Haha I'm a lil bias toward PA but yes, UK is pretty dam awesome! It's a little less forgiving when it comes to application/removal though for a newbie.

I know ...Glosscoat, Pinnacle and Blackfire are stupid easy to apply

28ONE

Reaction score
Of course PA Cosmic is the easiest but one of the more expensive ones :buffer:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I'm a lil bias toward PA but yes, UK is pretty dam awesome! It's a little less forgiving when it comes to application/removal though for a newbie.

I know ...Glosscoat, Pinnacle and Blackfire are stupid easy to apply

haha I know. It looks like a great product so I can't blame you.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm Nice!!! I used Overcoat as a maintenance spray - holy shit!

Sorry Ryan :tj:

Thier Miyabi Coat sounds very interesting. Yea, you showed me over coat and you were impressed so I can only Imagine their coatings.

It's ok, I gave him a good video ;)

Last edited:

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Croftgate is one that i use, all it takes is 1 cap of wash & wax cleaner to one gal of water. you use two micro fiber towels , one to apply to product and one to dry it after. just go to you tube video and watch how it's done. really very easy to do.

2nd vote for Croftgate products. I used to sell them as a side business just before I had my first kid and had to stop.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back