Waterless Wash and Rinse Recommendations

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be ordering some Optimum ONR this week along with some new MF towels.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I would let y'al know that ended up going with ONR and am really amazed how well the product works.

I washed the car in direct sunlight and over 90*F Texas heat. I didn't experience any streaking and was a breeze to dry and buff to a shine. I used 6 MFs to wash, one for each panel almost and used two MFs to dry and buff. What takes me normally 1-2 hours at the car wash using the two bucket took me only 40 minutes moving slowly with the ONR. The car was moderately soiled from being driven in the rain and having other debris from daily driving.

If anyone is considering ONR, I would highly recommend it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 9

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Just do a NanoHide coating and then you can wash your car with whatever you want for the next 7 years! I did it to my mustang and I wipe the car down with generic Meguiars detail spray and a microfiber, no matter how dirty it gets. Any swirls you put into the Nanohide coat will repair themselves in direct sunlight

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I like a lot of 3d products/hd products detailing supplies (I know they oem to a couple brands) there waterless was works great and is very inexpensive, lubricity is out of this world

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
My vote is for Optimum NO Rinse. It is awesome...detailer? check. Clay bar lube? Check. Wash? Check.

I buy it by the gallon.

28ONE

Reaction score
Just do a NanoHide coating and then you can wash your car with whatever you want for the next 7 years! I did it to my mustang and I wipe the car down with generic Meguiars detail spray and a microfiber, no matter how dirty it gets. Any swirls you put into the Nanohide coat will repair themselves in direct sunlight

Looks like interesting stuff? How was application compared to UK?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like interesting stuff? How was application compared to UK?

It is not simple. 2 cleaner steps to strip the cars paint completely and then 4 coating steps. The first 3 are difficult to remove (but dont have to be removed completely). The final step leaves the awesome shine and buffs off easily taking the rest of the residue with it.

It is only being sold to certified installers I believe because of the difficulty in application

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
My vote is for Optimum NO Rinse. It is awesome...detailer? check. Clay bar lube? Check. Wash? Check.

I buy it by the gallon.

Yup. I bought a quart years ago, I think when I still had my '02 GT. I used it many times, then switched to washing the old fashioned method for quite a while. I recently pulled the ONR back off the shelf and have been using it again, I'm still on the same bottle. The 'ish lasts forever and still works great.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back