Weird issue with Spark Plug

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well a few months ago I found these accel plugs for our 3 valves. Bought one degree colder plugs and some coil packs. Mine were all mismatched and just didn’t like the way my motor looked.
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/uu292/oh7boss/2F189E6D_279F_4832_B708_B5AD95EFB460.jpeg

Anyways, fast forward to the other day. Car started running rough, down on power, and sounded like shit. Yesterday got a lean code but no misfire. Thought I should check plugs first. #6 was all fubar when I pulled it out. Fuel and oil all over it, on the insulator and body. Electrode gone. Check out the video and see what I found that was interesting.

I will be forking out the cash and going with my Brisk plugs again. That’s what happens when you try to save a buck.

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
Ring land and/or cracked piston.......I suspect a piece of piston hit the plug wiping out the ground electrode and dislodging the insulator!!:eek:

You need to drop a bore camera in there and hopefully prove me wrong??:cool:

GOOD LUCK!! :thumb:

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score

An endoscope camera should be in everyone's tool box. I recently picked one up on Amazon. The cost is very little compared to how much use you can get out of it. I can run mine into the oil filler spout and get a complete view of cam phaser's, timing chains, tensioners. I ran it through the shifter hole to get a view of the driveshaft while driving, front/rear suspension while driving. Ran it thru the walls for some home wiring, down the bathtub drain to look for blockages. This is the one I picked up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081DT5XKF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ring land and/or cracked piston.......I suspect a piece of piston hit the plug wiping out the ground electrode and dislodging the insulator!!:eek:

I highly doubt that. I'm chalking it up to cheaply constructed plugs. Spend the money, buy Brisk Racing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back