weird sound

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by lsflp, Sep 24, 2018.

1. lsflp

lsflp Junior Member

Hi guys, I have another question, and I think a rear shock explodes. When the car goes through a bumper stopper, does it sound like it's a motel bed, some guide to check?, my mustang its a GT premium '13

Thanks

2. happyjackson

happyjackson Junior Member

WTF?

3. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member S197 Team Member

OP - you may want to re-write you question as it's nonsensical as written

4. lsflp

lsflp Junior Member

When I pass through a ripple on the road, the car has a strange sound behind, it's about destabilizing, checking and not having leaks shock. Do you think it is possible that a shock absorber is exploited? What other test can I perform?

thanks

5. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member S197 Team Member

I take it english is not your first language.

if a shock had exploded, you should be able to look under the car and see oil leaked all over the shock area.

you could also do a simple bounce test, push up and down on the rear and see how the bounce modulates, if it keeps bouncing, they yes, likely a shock is at issue.

I would check all the suspension fittings and bushings under the car, see if any are loose or the bushings are split.

6. lsflp

lsflp Junior Member

Thanks for your support, I don't see any leak, when I push up the car no bounce, I only hear tiny sound, the only think for check its the bushing and fittings.

Thanks